Management Science and Innovation
- Studying With Us
- BSc/MSci Management Science
- MSc Management
- MSc Technology Entrepreneurship
- BSc/MSci Information Management For Business
- PhD Programme
- Executive Education: Project Management
- Elective Module Portfolio
- Joint Study Programmes
- Research Seminar Announcements
- Careers Support
- MSI News and Events
- Contact Us
- Job Vacancies
Why choose us
Why Choose BSc/MSc Information Management for Business
The Information Management for Business (IMB) programme aims to:
- provide students with a broad and comprehensive background of business operations, procedures and culture applicable to a career in a technology- and business-oriented environment
- equip students with sufficient business, technical and managerial knowledge to play a key role in the companies and organisations of the future
- encourage students to develop an innovative and entrepreneurial approach to recognising and grasping business opportunities
- develop the interpersonal skills and acumen necessary to become effective leaders, managers and pioneers for the future
- provide students with a set of analytical tools and techniques, and the probem solving and modelling skills appropriate to business- and IT-related operations and activities
- provide direct links with companies and organisations that give the fullest possible range of opportunities within the business environment.
What our students say
If you want to know why you should consider the BSc/Msci Information Management for Business (IMB) course, read what some of our past students have had to say....
"I left here last July and since then I have been working
for one of the ‘big four’ consultancies – and I have put into practice
everything I learned on the course."
"Having studied IMB at UCL, I am now on the education
development PhD programme at Oxford University – and would not be here if it
had not been for the top quality education that I received at UCL."
"The support we get from the course director and teaching
team is second to none. Everyone is friendly, approachable and supportive, and
nothing is too much trouble."
"When I first arrived here, I wondered what to expect. I
needn’t have worried at all – the staff were all very welcoming, and within a
week I had made friends who will stay with me for the rest of my life."
"It is a truly international course with people from all
over the world. And UCL is a great place to study."
"I would not have got my job at ITV without the breadth and
depth of education that the IMB course provides. It has set me up for the whole
of my career."