Management Science and Innovation
- Studying With Us
- Research Seminar Announcements
- Careers Support
- MSI News and Events
- Contact Us
- Job Vacancies
MSING020: Markets and Customers
The Marketing course focuses on two key themes in marketing: understanding and choosing customers (world-wide), and creating and extracting value for customers through the marketing mix. We will pay particular attention to the marketing aspects of innovation; the specific issues associated with design and customer acceptance of really new products and services.
This course should develop your understanding of the analytic building blocks and the decision tools of marketing. In addition we will address more integrated problem-solving themes such as innovation and value creation. By the end of this course you should be better able to:
- Understand the extent and limitation of the marketing concept.
- Discover how to understand customers using analytic concepts and market research tools.
- Understand the potential and limitations in choosing appropriate target consumers.
- Understand the use of the four main elements of the marketing mix individually and as an integrated set