- MSc Technology Entrepreneurship Programme Approved for Robert Malpas Bursary
- UCL Management Science and Innovation PhD student Sebastiano Massaro has won the 2011 Academy of Management Organizational Behavior Division's Most Innovative Student Paper Award.
- MS&I Staff and students shine at UCL Awards for Enterprise
- BSc Information Management for Business ranked fifth in UK
- IMB Student was Awarded the e-skills Internship 'Intern of the Year 2011' at the Annual Event at IBM
- UCL Enterprise Society Team wins Enterprise Challenge
- BSc Information Management for Business and UK IT skills shortage
- Technology Entrepreneurship Students win £100k Technology Strategy Board Grant with their start-up
- Web-based Start-Up Showcase Project Launched
- Student entrepreneurs set to share idea with China’s billion-plus consumers
- MSI Envites you to a Research Seminar on: The Dangers of Deep Knowledge: New Ventures in the U.S. Solar Industry on 12 October 2011 from 15.30-16.45
- MSc Management students win HELO Awards!
- Former MSc Technology Entrepreneurship student receives $2.5 million funding
- The Future of the Internet: Cisco's Vision of technological change and how it plans to respond
- Entrepreneurial electives at London Business School
- MS&I joins the Association of Business Schools
- Eeve app for iPhone launched by former MSc Technology Entrepreneurship students
- UCL alumnus breathes fire in Malaysia’s ‘Dragon’s Den’
- Have Your Say! The 2012 National Student Survey seeks the views of final year undergraduates...
- UCL Student Business Receives International Recognition
- Fulbright-UCL Award for MSc Technology Entrepreneurship Announced
- MSc Technology Entrepreneurship student leads Silicon Valley trip
- MSc Technology Entrepreneurship student heads up Enterprise
- MSI Invites you to a Research Seminar on: The role of cost modeling in competitive bid procurement
- MSc Technology Entrepreneurship students shortlisted for Seedcamp London 2012
- MSc Technology Entrepreneurship students win prizes in Chile
- MSI Teaching Fellow on BBC News site
- MSc Entrepreneurship graduate wins China-UK Entrepreneurship Challenge
- New innovation centre in Tech City will benefit MSc Technology Entrepreneurship students
- Speak up! The 2013 National Student Survey seeks your views this term
- MRes/PhD Management Science & Innovation Studentships Available
- Open House and Reception: UCL Management Science & Innovation MRes/PhD Programme
- MSc Technology Entrepreneurship students mentioned in The Guardian
- MSI Teaching Fellow interviewed on Radio 4
- Research by Dr Mihaela Stan featured in the Financial Times
- Graduates describe how the Information Management for Business degree has helped their career development
- Goldman Sachs Small Businesses Programme delivered by MSI
- Former MSc TE student co-founder of one of Top London startups to watch
- MSI student start ups prize winners at the UCL Enterprise Awards
- Bart Vanneste joins the editorial review board of the Academy of Management Journal
- UCL teaching fellow awarded Kauffman Fellowship
- Dr David Chapman appointed to Enterprise Educators UK board
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 small business training programme to be delivered by MS&I Teaching Staff
- MSc Technology Entrepreneurship Alumnus raises $6.5 million!
- First PhD programme Graduate secures job at Warwick Business School
- Pete Clark's book Masterminding the Deal gets a mention in the Economist
- Dr Chia-Jung Tsay's paper suggests classical music competitions judged by sight, not sound
- UCL graduate’s business raises $6.5 million in investment
- UCL Careers win an AGCAS Award for Excellence for MS&I Careers work
- UCL welcomes first Technology Entrepreneurship Fulbright Scholar
- Former MSc TE student raises £180,000 to launch Jive Bike
- Former MSc TE students achieve exciting startup milestones
- New Masters Scholarships Announced for Indian Students
- Prime Minister officially opens IDEALondon centre in Tech City
- MS&I staff receive awards at US conference
- The 2014 National Student Survey seeks your views this term
- MSc Technology Entrepreneurship alumnus raises further $17 million in funding
- World-class orchestras judged by sight not sound
- UCL Women in Management society deliver workshop for UCL Academy students
- Article by Peter Antonioni in The Conversation
- Mihaela Stan receives INFORMS-Industry Studies Association Best Paper Prize of 2014
- In the workplace, leaders who aren’t always followed
- Simcha Jong organises workshop on cell therapy commercialisation
UCL welcomes first Technology Entrepreneurship Fulbright Scholar
23 October 2013
UCL has welcomed its first Fulbright Scholar for the university’s Masters programme in Technology Entrepreneurship.
Julie Markham – who is 27 and comes from the US – was selected out of hundreds of other applicants to benefit from the first scholarship, announced earlier this year. She will see the Fulbright Programme fully fund her through the Masters programme and provide a stipend for living expenses.
The Technology Entrepreneurship MSc equips graduates that have a strong desire to be an entrepreneur with the skills and knowledge needed to develop their own start-up businesses.
The programme provides an effective grounding across a wide range of the applied disciplines required for the effective management of technical ventures backed up with strong links to UCL Advances, which provides students and graduates who wish to develop their business ideas with assistance is making valuable contacts with potential investors, business partners, venture capitalists and clients.
Julie joins the programme after achieving a first degree in Finance, a Masters degree in Real Estate and Construction Management, and an MBA.
Before attending the Technology Entrepreneurship programme, Julie also spent time working with Unreasonable – a social enterprise which aims to enable entrepreneurs to scale their impact and contribute to tackling the greatest challenges facing the world.
She was part of the team which delivered Unreasonable@Sea, which saw 11 technology companies and over twenty mentors sail around the world, stopping in 13 countries to work with local entrepreneurs to scale up their initiatives to change lives.
“Through my experiences I have developed a particular interest in the power of microfinance to offer entrepreneurs in developing countries a route to radically improve their lives,” says Julie, who has recently started the coursework for the programme. “I’m looking forward to using the programme to reflect on entrepreneurship as well as have the opportunity to take a technology business to market."
“The entrepreneurship scene in London is really exciting right now and UCL is right in the thick of it,” she added. “For me, UCL and the MSc of Technology Entrepreneurship programme is ideal, not only because of its foundation in technology, but because of the university's focus on social enterprise and global citizenship.”
Dr Dave Chapman, Programme Director of the MSc Technology Entrepreneurship programme, was also pleased to welcome Julie to the UCL community: “Julie is exactly the calibre of student we were hoping to attract to UCL through partnering with the Fulbright Commission – smart, forward-thinking and with sharp business sense.”
Read the full story at UCL News