MRes in Brain Sciences
What does an MRes in Brain Science at UCL mean to you?
- UCL is an international centre of excellence for research and teaching in brain science.
- UCL is ranked second in the world, and first in Europe, in neuroscience and behaviour by Thomson ISI Essential Science Indicators (2011). UCL researchers generate over 30% of the UK’s contribution to the most highly cited publications in neuroscience, more than twice as many as any other European institution.
- UCL brings together over 450 world-leading principal investigators in the field of brain sciences to create a unique and highly creative multi-disciplinary environment that is supported by world-class infrastructure and technical resources.
- UCL provides an outstanding environment for training future generations of interdisciplinary researchers in brain science. The UCL Faculty of Brain Sciences is one of the most highly regarded centers of excellence in brain science in the world, and covers a broad range of disciplines incorporating fundamental neuroscience, neurology, psychology, psychiatry, audiology, ophthalmology and language sciences.
- This new MRes in Brain Science is an innovative research-led programme which brings together world-leading researchers from across the Faculty of Brain Sciences. A series of Master Classes, Contemporary Topics in Brain Science Research, will be directly informed by the latest research conducted in brain science. The Master Classes will be led and taught by world renowned experts. This will give you, the student, the unique opportunity to work and train with researchers who are amongst the most highly regarded worldwide.
- Students will gain an understanding of the human brain and its disorders from the molecular to systems level that will reflect the interdisciplinary breadth of pioneering research in brain sciences conducted at UCL. Students will also gain theoretical and practical knowledge of core personal and professional skills that underpin excellence in research.
- This real world experience of cutting edge research will provide the confidence, knowledge and competence that will deliver an essential competitive advantage to students applying for future PhD programs at UCL or other internationally recognised centres of excellence, and that have a career trajectory in brain science research in academia, industry or business.
Page last modified on 14 mar 13 13:07