MPHYGB07: Image-directed Therapy and Analysis
Professor David Hawkes
Aims and Objectives
The module covers how information is extracted from medical images and how this is increasingly being used to guide interventions and therapy.
The module is specific to the MSc in Medical Image Computing and covers the extraction of information from medical images and how this is increasingly being used to guide interventions and therapy. Topics include:
- Image guided interventions,
- Dynamic measures from PET imaging,
- Dynamic measures from DCE-MRI,
- Visualisation (surface and volume rendering, applications such as virtual endoscopy),
- Imaging biomarkers,
- MRI Diffusion tensor imaging and tractography.
- Computer Aided Diagnosis.
Coursework (oral presentation and essay based on published research).