- Undergraduate Programmes Home
- Academic Transcripts
- About UCL Medical School
- Why Study at UCL Medical School?
- MBBS Programme Information
- MBBS Admissions to Year 1
- MBBS Transfers to Year 4
- Visiting Student Electives
- BSc and IBSc
- MB PhD Programme
- Foundation Training Programme
- Contact us
- Current MBBS Students
MBBS Transfers into MBBS Year 4 and MBPhD Programme
- Medical students at Oxford may apply for direct entry
into Year 4 of the MBBS programme through the application process managed by
the Oxford Medical School, John Radcliffe Hospital. UCL Medical School anticipates attending an
Open Day at Oxford to give presentations on our MB BS and MB PhD programmes and
to offer a question and answer session.
- Students at other UK Medical Schools may apply for direct
entry into Year 4 where there are exceptional reasons for seeking to transfer
and where the student’s own Medical School has given permission for the student
to approach UCLMS. To be
eligible to transfer, applicants must have completed, in the UK, 2 years of an
equivalent undergraduate medical degree programme and an intercalated BSc, or
have entered and completed 2 years of an equivalent undergraduate medical
degree programme as a graduate entrant with a BSc which meets UCL regulations
for iBSc exemption, and must be eligible to continue at their own
Medical School. Prospective
applicants should submit an application form, a statement setting out their reasons for seeking to
transfer, a letter from their Medical School confirming that they have
permission to apply, a full academic transcript, and a summary of the
curriculum followed in their first 2 years of study. Applicants
will be required to attend an interview and, if offered a place, will be asked
to provide evidence of their DBS and OH records. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th January each year and
interviews will normally be held in late January/early February. UCLMS is
normally able to offer up to 10 places per year.
- Students wishing to enter the MBPhD programme at UCL Medical School must first apply for a place in Year 4 and then submit a separate application for entry to the MBPhD programme. Full details of the MBPhD programme, application process and entry requirements specific to this programme may be found at: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/mbphd/.
Information about the programme of study at UCLMS may be found on our MBBS website at MBBS Overview.
Information about accommodation and fees may be found on the UCL website. Transfer students are admitted as continuing students rather than as new entrants and so the same fee status applies as for existing programmes of study. Please contact email@example.com if you wish further clarification, making clear that your query relates to a transfer into Year 4 of the MBBS programme at UCL.