- UCL Medical School
- Undergraduate Programmes Home
- About UCL Medical School
- Why Study at UCL Medical School?
- MBBS Programme Information
- MBBS Admissions & Transfers
- Visiting Student Electives & Erasmus Exchanges
- BSc and IBSc
- MB PhD Programme
- Foundation Training Programme
- Clinical Skills Centres
- Staff Development
- Quality Assurance Unit
- RUMS (Medical Students Union)
- Contact us
UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
May 07, 2013 09:15AM
Booking has now opened for our third Medical Education Conference on the 12th June 2013!Read more...
UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
Mar 22, 2013 12:18PM
Dr Scott Rice – Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking: exploring the digital divideRead more...
UCL Medical School Hubs
Mar 22, 2013 12:17PM
We’re very pleased to announce that the first stage of a major estates upgrade for UCL Medical School is now underway. The upgrade is designed to develop Student HUBS and enhanced teaching space at each of our 3 main campuses. Plans and progress will be published on the UCLMS website as the projects develop at each site.Read more...
NHS Change Day: do something better together
Feb 15, 2013 16:54PM
NHS Change Day will take place on 13.03.13. It will be one day during which the collective energy, creativity and ideas of thousands of NHS staff, and those who support the NHS, in all areas of work and right across the country, will demonstrate how one simple action or new idea can make a difference and improve care for patients, their families and their carers. The team behind NHS Change Day are asking people to make pledges of an action or idea. You can see our pledge on the NHS Change Day pledge wall .Read more...
Speak Up! The 2013 National Student Survey seeks your views
Feb 12, 2013 10:26AM
Speak up!Read more...
The School of Life & Medical Sciences offers first-rate staff development opportunities for its academic, research and support staff at all levels.
The School's Teaching and Professional Development Unit has a specific responsibility for:
- offering a 2 day teaching course to all new staff appointed on a contract that involves medical student teaching (this includes honorary contracts issued to NHS staff at participating Trusts)
- developing, delivering and evaluating a range of teacher support activities including courses, peer review and teaching observation.
- support education tutors, sub deans and other relevant bodies in their staff development activities.
- encouraging and supporting innovation and excellence in teaching via workshops, dissemination of information and individual support.
- developing, implementing and evaluating a Masters programme in conjunction with the Royal College of Physicians.
- providing an advocacy service for medical educators with regard membership of the Institute for Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.
Moreover, the Centre runs a range of innovative courses under the Teaching Improvement Project System (TIPS) for academics and clinical professionals involved in the delivery of medical education. Full details of the TIPS programme can be found here.
This is supplemented by UCL’s Centre for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching (CALT) which runs an Academic Development Programme.
UCL is committed to the continuing professional development (CPD) of all staff. In order to facilitate this, staff are entitled and expected to undertake a minimum of 3 learning events per annum. For staff with management responsibilities this should include at least one leadership or management development activity. Research staff who are supported by the Roberts agenda are required to complete a minimum of 10 days training or development per annum.
UCL has a dedicated Organisational & Staff Development Unit that offers a wide range of in-house and external training opportunities ranging from management, leadership & teamwork to research skills.
Within the School, and indeed across UCL, there is a wealth of seminars, workshops and other events that enrich our staff working lives.
Page last modified on 03 apr 12 16:35