- UCL Medical School
- Undergraduate Programmes Home
- About UCL Medical School
- Why Study at UCL Medical School?
- MBBS Programme Information
- MBBS Admissions & Transfers
- Visiting Student Electives & Erasmus Exchanges
- BSc and IBSc
- MB PhD Programme
- Foundation Training Programme
- Clinical Skills Centres
- Staff Development
- Quality Assurance Unit
- RUMS (Medical Students Union)
- Contact us
UCL Medical School News
UCLMS student Ersong Shang wins the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize in Ophthalmology
May 13, 2014 09:18AM
UCL Medical Student Ersong Shang has won the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize in Ophthalmology – 2014. 550 students from 36 Medical Schools in the United Kingdom and Ireland competed in the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize Examination in March. The standard is deliberately high and those taking the top places are to be congratulated. Ersong will collect £400.00 or the equivalent prize (a chance to visit St John’s Eye Hospital in Jerusalem).Read more...
Professor Jane Dacre elected president of the Royal College of Physicians
Apr 28, 2014 10:24AM
Professor Jane Dacre was elected president of the Royal College of Physicians last night, by single transferable vote from a field of ten candidates, in a ballot organised by Electoral Reform Services. The result was announced at the end of College Day, the day of the RCP’s Annual General Meeting. Professor Dacre won by 281 votes from the next nearest candidate and becomes the third female president in the RCP’s history. In total there were 4,933 valid votes, and following nine voting transfers Professor Dacre was elected with 1,848 votes.Read more...
UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
Mar 05, 2014 11:24AM
The intercalated BSc - why do medical schools offer them and what do they achieve?Read more...
Provost’s Public Engagement Awards
Feb 12, 2014 14:23PM
Winner: Engager of the year (researcher/academic grade 8 and above) Dr Jayne Kavanagh, UCL Medical SchoolRead more...
Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
Jan 08, 2014 10:49AM
This November, Professor Jane Dacre led the very first PACES for MRCP (Member of the Royal College of Physicians) in Myanmar. This was successfully held in New Yangon General Hospital, one of the teaching hospitals of the University of Medicine, Yangon.Read more...
The Medical School has an Erasmus exchange agreement with: La Salpetriere, Paris, France
The agreement allows one student from La Salpetriere per academic
session to join either Year 4 or Year 5 of the MBBS degree programme.
*At present the arrangement is not reciprocal as the MBBS regulations preclude UCL students from studying abroad other than during the elective period. UCL students who are interested in spending their elective at La Salpetriere are encouraged to take advantage of the link and to contact the administrator at La Salpetriere, email@example.com, for further information.
- Applicants may follow either Year 4 or Year 5 as followed by UCL students. No other combination of attachments is possible.
|Year 4 - Integrated Clinical Care:|
|4 week Introduction and Orientation Module|
|3 x core teaching weeks|
|3 x 12 week integrated modules:||
|Year 5 - Life Cycle:|
|3 x core teaching weeks|
|3 x 12 week modules||
- Applicants must provide evidence of competence in English language at IELTS level 7 or equivalent.
- All blood tests required for health clearance must be taken in a CPA accredited laboratory in the UK and identity validated.
- Application forms can be downloaded from: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/undergraduate/electives/erasmus
- Applications will only be considered if all required information and documents are submitted with the application form at least 6 weeks before the proposed start date
- Acceptance of an elective attachment requires an undertaking to abide by all regulations currently in place at University College London.
- Complete applications with all accompanying documentation and 2 passport-sized photographs should be sent to:
Medical Student Administration,
UCL, Gower Street,
London WC1E 6 BT.
We regret that the School is unable to accept Erasmus exchange students from any other institutions
Contact for Erasmus Exchanges: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last modified on 05 apr 13 16:05