UCL Medical School News
- Cruciform Hub Now Open!
- UCL Medical School awarded Athena SWAN Silver Award
- Dr Deborah Gill wins Women in the City Future Leaders Award 2014
- UCLMS student Ersong Shang wins the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize in Ophthalmology
- Professor Jane Dacre elected president of the Royal College of Physicians
- UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
- Provost’s Public Engagement Awards
- Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
- UCLMS Social Media Policy
- Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
- UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
- UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
- UCL Medical School Hubs
- NHS Change Day: do something better together
- Speak Up! The 2013 National Student Survey seeks your views
- Excellence in Medical Education Awards applications deadline is 11th February 2013
- UCLMS Seminar: "I'm only a student" - Medical Students’ Ethical Dilemmas
- Professor Jane Dacre attended an Inquiry into Women in the Workplace at the House of Commons
- Professor Jane Dacre wins high profile city award
- Number 1 in the capital (again!): UCL remains London’s top ranked medical school
- Medical schools encouraged by increase of women in academic posts
- Find out about UCLMS Education Consultancy
- 2012-13 dates for UCLMS Medical Education Seminar Series and Conference
- The MBBS course at UCL: No.1 in London, 4th in the UK and 6th in the world
- UCLMS student, Kwame Asante, wins the prestigious Chortle Student Comedy Award
- Developing your career in medical education; a conference for trainees and students
- UCLMS student, Dan Grant, carried the Olympic Flame through London.
- Medical Education Conference 2012
- Final Year UCLMS student, Rita Issa, wins 2nd prize in the Michael Pittilo Student Essay Award
- Target Medicine's academic leads visit the Cabinet Office
- Latest MBBS 2012 Curriculum Overview
- Luton and Dunstable Hospital is awarded UCL Medical School Teaching Hospital status
- ‘Getting ready for the REF: Strengthening submissions in medical education research’
- Clinical Assessment Centre Open Day
- Medical Education Conference 2012
- New Clinical Assessment Centre
- Meet the clinical fellows
- UCL Medical School tops the London Schools in the NSS
Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
8 January 2014
This November, Professor Jane Dacre led the very first PACES for MRCP (Member of the Royal College of Physicians) in Myanmar. This was successfully held in New Yangon General Hospital, one of the teaching hospitals of the University of Medicine, Yangon.
The examiner dinner was hosted by the RCP Federation and was graced by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, a Member of Parliament, Chair of the Renovation Committee of Yangon General Hospital. Also attending were Prof Nyunt Thein, host examiner, and other MRCP colleagues and examiners.
Examiners’ Dinner with Prof Dacre and Aung San Suu Kyi
MRCP is a respected post-graduate medical
diploma given by the Royal Colleges of Physicians (UK). It is assessed
in three steps: Part I, Part II Written Examinations and PACES
(Practical Assessment of Clinical Examination Skills; a clinical
examination with real patients and surrogates).
MRCP Part I Exam has been held in Myanmar since the early 1970s and MRCP Part II Written Exam since 2008. 45 Myanmar candidates were examined including service doctors under the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Defence as well as GPs. Results will be published in December but the exam was considered a great success and it is now hoped to run the exam twice a year in future.
Jane will demit office as Medical Director for MRCP in December 2013 after a very successful (and busy!) 4 years increasing candidate numbers and launching new PACES centres in India, Sudan and now Myanmar. You can read her final introduction to The Examiner magazine here.