MBBS Teaching Portal
Medical Education Resources
Below is a collection of resources from external sources, which may be useful:
- to help you develop your teaching skills
- to further your interest in medical education
For resources that may be useful on a practical day-to-day basis to improve individual teaching sessions or programmes see further resources
UCL Medical School does not necessarily endorse the content of external sites.
Series of Articles
- Clinical Teaching Made Easy from the British Journal of Hospital Medicine series 2009
- ABC of Teaching and Learning from the BMJ series 2003
- BEME (Best Evidence in Medical Education) reviews
- Medical Education
- Medical Teacher
- The Clinical Teacher
- Academic Medicine
- BMC Medical Education
- Advances in Health Science Education
- Association for the Study of Medical Education (ASME)
- Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE)
- Academy of Medical Educators
- The GMC
- Run by the Alberta Rural Family Medicine Network. Concise teaching tools (videos, powerpoint presentations and text) aimed at busy clinicians involved in teaching. Sections include "preparing to teach" "teaching nuts and bolts" "observation and feedback" "assessment" and "learners in difficulty."
- MedEd World (linked to AMEE) is an international health professions community of individuals and organisations whose purpose is the sharing of information, ideas, experience and expertise. Resources include video clips, images, diagrams and websites. For some resources you have to be a member.
- An American site aiming to share best practice approaches to resident teaching.