MBBS Teaching Portal
- Core Information
- Central Sites
- The District General Hospitals
- Virtual Teaching
- Roles for more senior trainees
- Developing your teaching skills
- Supporting peer-assisted teaching
UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
Mar 05, 2014 11:24AM
The intercalated BSc - why do medical schools offer them and what do they achieve?Read more...
Provost’s Public Engagement Awards
Feb 12, 2014 14:23PM
Winner: Engager of the year (researcher/academic grade 8 and above) Dr Jayne Kavanagh, UCL Medical SchoolRead more...
Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
Jan 08, 2014 10:49AM
This November, Professor Jane Dacre led the very first PACES for MRCP (Member of the Royal College of Physicians) in Myanmar. This was successfully held in New Yangon General Hospital, one of the teaching hospitals of the University of Medicine, Yangon.Read more...
UCLMS Social Media Policy
Nov 01, 2013 17:10PM
Social media has become a powerful part of the web in recent years and has changed the way we communicate and collaborate online. Many organisations, such as the GMC and the BMA, politicians and medical journals are actively using social media and discussions of various aspects of the professional lives of doctors are increasingly seen on Facebook, Twitter and blogs.Read more...
Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
Oct 02, 2013 09:08AM
We are very sad to report the death of Dr Daniel Brudney in a car crash on Friday 13 September.Read more...
Medical Education Resources
Below is a collection of resources from external sources, which may be useful:
- to help you develop your teaching skills
- to further your interest in medical education
For resources that may be useful on a practical day-to-day basis to improve individual teaching sessions or programmes see further resources
UCL Medical School does not necessarily endorse the content of external sites.
Series of Articles
- Clinical Teaching Made Easy from the British Journal of Hospital Medicine series 2009
- ABC of Teaching and Learning from the BMJ series 2003
- BEME (Best Evidence in Medical Education) reviews
- Medical Education
- Medical Teacher
- The Clinical Teacher
- Academic Medicine
- BMC Medical Education
- Advances in Health Science Education
- Association for the Study of Medical Education (ASME)
- Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE)
- The Higher Education Academy
- Academy of Medical Educators
- The GMC
- Medical Education England
- Run by a clinical teaching development co-ordinator at the University of Saskatchewan, sections include "how do medical students learn?" "classroom teaching techniques" "clinical teaching techniques" "experiential learning" and "the networked student." Lots of practical information and well-referenced.
- Run by the Alberta Rural Family Medicine Network. Concise teaching tools (videos, powerpoint presentations and text) aimed at busy clinicians involved in teaching. Sections include "preparing to teach" "teaching nuts and bolts" "observation and feedback" "assessment" and "learners in difficulty."
- MedEd World (linked to AMEE) is an international health professions community of individuals and organisations whose purpose is the sharing of information, ideas, experience and expertise. Resources include video clips, images, diagrams and websites. For some resources you have to be a member.
- An American site aiming to share best practice approaches to resident teaching.
- A site created by a GP to help GP trainers provide formative feedback to GP Registrars. Some of the content may be useful in a broader context. Focused entirely on providing feedback in a workplace context.