UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
Mar 05, 2014 11:24AM
The intercalated BSc - why do medical schools offer them and what do they achieve?Read more...
Provost’s Public Engagement Awards
Feb 12, 2014 14:23PM
Winner: Engager of the year (researcher/academic grade 8 and above) Dr Jayne Kavanagh, UCL Medical SchoolRead more...
Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
Jan 08, 2014 10:49AM
This November, Professor Jane Dacre led the very first PACES for MRCP (Member of the Royal College of Physicians) in Myanmar. This was successfully held in New Yangon General Hospital, one of the teaching hospitals of the University of Medicine, Yangon.Read more...
UCLMS Social Media Policy
Nov 01, 2013 17:10PM
Social media has become a powerful part of the web in recent years and has changed the way we communicate and collaborate online. Many organisations, such as the GMC and the BMA, politicians and medical journals are actively using social media and discussions of various aspects of the professional lives of doctors are increasingly seen on Facebook, Twitter and blogs.Read more...
Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
Oct 02, 2013 09:08AM
We are very sad to report the death of Dr Daniel Brudney in a car crash on Friday 13 September.Read more...
Further teaching and learning resources
Giving better presentations:
- "Guns don't kill people: bulletpoints do" An alternative approach to 'death by powerpoint' in medical presentations
- 5 things every presenter should know about people - with an animation
- Think anatomy - "the best anatomy resources on the web"
Social media in medical education:
- Scoop.it curated links on social media and networks in medical education
- Wikiversity School of Medicine - open content from the Wiki group
- A blog on social media in medical education by American medical educators
- Web 2.0 teaching tools - including quiz generators
- "Wishful thinking in medical education" A blog by Anne Marie Cunningham, a GP and Clinical Lecturer in Cardiff, and an advocate for the use of social media in medical education
- "Medical education matters" a blog by Clare Morris, an educationalist who runs a masters programme in Medical Education, and works in Bedfordshire
- TED talks on Medicine - inspiring
- Openmeded - plans for open collaborative resource for medical education
- Biodidac: an image bank for teaching biology (great free diagrams in human biology section)
- Youtube Medicine channel - some useful resources for talks/seminars
- Clinical Governance teaching resources - from NHS Scotland