UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Social Media Policy
Nov 01, 2013 17:10PM
Social media has become a powerful part of the web in recent years and has changed the way we communicate and collaborate online. Many organisations, such as the GMC and the BMA, politicians and medical journals are actively using social media and discussions of various aspects of the professional lives of doctors are increasingly seen on Facebook, Twitter and blogs.Read more...
Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
Oct 02, 2013 09:08AM
We are very sad to report the death of Dr Daniel Brudney in a car crash on Friday 13 September.Read more...
UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
May 07, 2013 09:15AM
Booking has now opened for our third Medical Education Conference on the 12th June 2013!Read more...
UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
Mar 22, 2013 12:18PM
Dr Scott Rice – Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking: exploring the digital divideRead more...
UCL Medical School Hubs
Mar 22, 2013 12:17PM
We’re very pleased to announce that the first stage of a major estates upgrade for UCL Medical School is now underway. The upgrade is designed to develop Student HUBS and enhanced teaching space at each of our 3 main campuses. Plans and progress will be published on the UCLMS website as the projects develop at each site.Read more...
Further teaching and learning resources
Giving better presentations:
- "Guns don't kill people: bulletpoints do" An alternative approach to 'death by powerpoint' in medical presentations
- 5 things every presenter should know about people - with an animation
- Think anatomy - "the best anatomy resources on the web"
Social media in medical education:
- Scoop.it curated links on social media and networks in medical education
- Wikiversity School of Medicine - open content from the Wiki group
- A blog on social media in medical education by American medical educators
- Web 2.0 teaching tools - including quiz generators
- "Wishful thinking in medical education" A blog by Anne Marie Cunningham, a GP and Clinical Lecturer in Cardiff, and an advocate for the use of social media in medical education
- "Medical education matters" a blog by Clare Morris, an educationalist who runs a masters programme in Medical Education, and works in Bedfordshire
- TED talks on Medicine - inspiring
- Openmeded - plans for open collaborative resource for medical education
- Biodidac: an image bank for teaching biology (great free diagrams in human biology section)
- Youtube Medicine channel - some useful resources for talks/seminars
- Clinical Governance teaching resources - from NHS Scotland