UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Social Media Policy
Nov 01, 2013 17:10PM
Social media has become a powerful part of the web in recent years and has changed the way we communicate and collaborate online. Many organisations, such as the GMC and the BMA, politicians and medical journals are actively using social media and discussions of various aspects of the professional lives of doctors are increasingly seen on Facebook, Twitter and blogs.Read more...
Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
Oct 02, 2013 09:08AM
We are very sad to report the death of Dr Daniel Brudney in a car crash on Friday 13 September.Read more...
UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
May 07, 2013 09:15AM
Booking has now opened for our third Medical Education Conference on the 12th June 2013!Read more...
UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
Mar 22, 2013 12:18PM
Dr Scott Rice – Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking: exploring the digital divideRead more...
UCL Medical School Hubs
Mar 22, 2013 12:17PM
We’re very pleased to announce that the first stage of a major estates upgrade for UCL Medical School is now underway. The upgrade is designed to develop Student HUBS and enhanced teaching space at each of our 3 main campuses. Plans and progress will be published on the UCLMS website as the projects develop at each site.Read more...
So, you've been given a role in teaching at your hospital or community site. What do you need to do to make sure your teaching is effective and appropriate for UCL medical students?
- Read the Guidance for Junior Doctors
- Look at the overview of the UCL Medical School course, and information on the new MBBS 2012 curriculum
- Think about the teaching skills you already have, and how you can improve them
- Read the section on giving effective feedback, to make sure your students get the most out of your sessions
Other information you may find useful:
- UCL Medical School term dates
- UCL Medical School assessment dates
- Information on the content of specific years in the MBBS course
- Guidelines for optimal consistent lectures in the MBBS programme
- If you have concerns about a students' attendance or welfare please contact your site lead (see individual central site, or DGH pages) who will contact the relevant Welfare Tutor and/or email student welfare.