UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
May 07, 2013 09:15AM
Booking has now opened for our third Medical Education Conference on the 12th June 2013!Read more...
UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
Mar 22, 2013 12:18PM
Dr Scott Rice – Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking: exploring the digital divideRead more...
UCL Medical School Hubs
Mar 22, 2013 12:17PM
We’re very pleased to announce that the first stage of a major estates upgrade for UCL Medical School is now underway. The upgrade is designed to develop Student HUBS and enhanced teaching space at each of our 3 main campuses. Plans and progress will be published on the UCLMS website as the projects develop at each site.Read more...
NHS Change Day: do something better together
Feb 15, 2013 16:54PM
NHS Change Day will take place on 13.03.13. It will be one day during which the collective energy, creativity and ideas of thousands of NHS staff, and those who support the NHS, in all areas of work and right across the country, will demonstrate how one simple action or new idea can make a difference and improve care for patients, their families and their carers. The team behind NHS Change Day are asking people to make pledges of an action or idea. You can see our pledge on the NHS Change Day pledge wall .Read more...
Speak Up! The 2013 National Student Survey seeks your views
Feb 12, 2013 10:26AM
Speak up!Read more...
So, you've been given a role in teaching at your hospital or community site. What do you need to do to make sure your teaching is effective and appropriate for UCL medical students?
- Read the Guidance for Junior Doctors
- Look at the overview of the UCL Medical School course, and information on the new MBBS 2012 curriculum
- Think about the teaching skills you already have, and how you can improve them
- Read the section on giving effective feedback, to make sure your students get the most out of your sessions
Other information you may find useful:
- UCL Medical School term dates
- UCL Medical School assessment dates
- Information on the content of specific years in the MBBS course
- Guidelines for optimal consistent lectures in the MBBS programme
- If you have concerns about a students' attendance or welfare please contact your site lead (see individual central site, or DGH pages) who will contact the relevant Welfare Tutor and/or email student welfare.