MBBS Students & Staff
- UCL Medical School
- Staff and Students
- MBBS New Curriculum
- Careers & Foundation Training
- Assessment and Prizes
- Committees and Management
- Course Details
- General Information
- Student Support, OH & Financial Support
- UCL Medical School Hubs
- Raising Student Concerns
UCL Medical School News
NSS results 2013 - UCLMS top in London!
May 29, 2013 13:03PM
UCL remains London’s top ranked medical school for 4 years running!Read more...
UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
May 07, 2013 09:15AM
Booking has now opened for our third Medical Education Conference on the 12th June 2013!Read more...
UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
Mar 22, 2013 12:18PM
Dr Scott Rice – Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking: exploring the digital divideRead more...
UCL Medical School Hubs
Mar 22, 2013 12:17PM
We’re very pleased to announce that the first stage of a major estates upgrade for UCL Medical School is now underway. The upgrade is designed to develop Student HUBS and enhanced teaching space at each of our 3 main campuses. Plans and progress will be published on the UCLMS website as the projects develop at each site.Read more...
NHS Change Day: do something better together
Feb 15, 2013 16:54PM
NHS Change Day will take place on 13.03.13. It will be one day during which the collective energy, creativity and ideas of thousands of NHS staff, and those who support the NHS, in all areas of work and right across the country, will demonstrate how one simple action or new idea can make a difference and improve care for patients, their families and their carers. The team behind NHS Change Day are asking people to make pledges of an action or idea. You can see our pledge on the NHS Change Day pledge wall .Read more...
The MBBS New Curriculum
Are you ready for it?
MBBS 2012: Creating Tomorrow’s UCL Doctors
- highly competent and scientifically
literate clinicians, equipped to practise patient-centred medicine in a
constantly changing modern world, with a strong foundation in the basic medical
and social sciences.
The curriculum vision:
- To provide the best possible student experience
- To reflect the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s patients
- To create 21st century doctors, able to thrive in modern healthcare environments
- To maximise the benefits of learning medicine at UCL
- Greater vertical integration and seamless progression through all 6 years
- More small group work and use of the virtual learning environment, with a focus on synthesis of learning
- A portfolio throughout training, to support reflective practice
- Attention to vertical themes in all 6 years with a strong focus on patient pathways, patient contact and the patient experience
- Longer, more generic, clinical attachments
- A focus on contemporary healthcare practice and UCLP priorities
Learn more about it at:
Background And Progress
UCL Medical School is devising and implementing a New Curriculum which builds on strengths of the current MBBS programme and new opportunities within the School of Life and Medical Sciences and UCLP.
Presentations on the New MBBS 2012 Programme.
of the new curriculum has already started. It began when the new-look Final
Year was implemented for the 2010/11 Year 5 students which included introducing
the regular Case-of-the-Month component.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs about the New MBBS 2012 Programme including from students, staff and DGHs.
Staff development and training package
A full communications and staff development programme is being worked out to ensure everyone is as prepared as possible for the changes.
The MBBS-2012 core curriculum will centre upon the patient and the symptoms, signs or test abnormalities with which they might present.
New Curriculum Roadshow
We want everybody to know all about the new curriculum
so we are organising a ‘New Curriculum Roadshow’ which is visiting all the
places where UCL students, and those who teach and train them, are