- Academic Centre for Medical Education
- Clinical Communication Skills Unit
- Clinical Teaching Fellows
- Divisional Staff
- General Medical Council
- Medical Ethics and Law Unit
- Medical School Newsletter
- Postgraduate Activities
- Public Engagement
- Research Degrees
- Target Medicine
- Taught Degrees
- TtT - Training to Teach (previously TIPS)
- Teaching & Professional Development Unit (TPDU)
Training to Teach (TtT)
New Training Course for Teaching in the Clinical Environment (previously TIPS)
"Teaching is a skill and like any skill it can be learnt. Those with a special responsibility for teaching need to make every effort to develop and maintain the skills of a competent teacher".
Good Medical Practice, GMC, 2006
The Academic Centre for Medical Education is delighted to introduce a new teacher training course for healthcare professionals who teach in the clinical setting, adapted from feedback received from the TIPS teaching course that was ran previously.
This new one-day course offers practical guidance on developing your teaching skills by improving interaction and applying structure to your teaching sessions with the opportunity to practice these newly acquired skills in a mini-teaching session of your own. The course incorporates core aspects of clinical teaching with small group teaching and consistently links to medical educational theory.
The course will run from registration and introduction at 8.45am until 5.30pm, with coffee breaks and lunch provided.
The course fee is £185.00 and the course administrator will be in contact with payment instructions once your application is received.
However, if you are a direct employee of any of the following you are exempt from paying the course fee. Please note we are unable to offer any discounts or exemptions to anyone employed outside of these organisations.
- Central North West London NHS Trust
- Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust
- University College London Hospitals NHS Trust
- UCL Medical School staff
- Whittington Hospital Trust
- Fri 10th October - Royal Free Hospital - Sold Out
- Thurs 16th October - Royal Free Hospital - Sold Out
- Tues 4th November - Royal Free Hospital - Sold Out
- Tues 18th November - Royal Free Hospital - Sold Out
- Tues 2nd December - Royal Free Hospital - Sold Out
- Tues 16th December - Royal Free Hospital - Sold Out
All of our courses are now fully booked. You can join the waiting list via our website http://uclms-ttt-waiting-list.eventbrite.co.uk.
If you have any queries please contact the course administrator, Jeannine Attreed email@example.com.