- Academic Centre for Medical Education
- Clinical Communication Skills Unit
- Clinical Teaching Fellows
- General Medical Council
- Medical Ethics and Law Unit
- Medical School Newsletter
- Postgraduate Activities
- Public Engagement
- Research Degrees
- Target Medicine
- Taught Degrees
- TtT - Training to Teach (previously TIPS)
- Teaching & Professional Development Unit (TPDU)
Training to Teach (TtT)
New Training Course for Teaching in the Clinical Environment (previously TIPS)
"Teaching is a skill and like any skill it can be learnt. Those with a special responsibility for teaching need to make every effort to develop and maintain the skills of a competent teacher".
Good Medical Practice, GMC, 2006
The Academic Centre for Medical Education is delighted to introduce a new teacher training course for healthcare professionals who teach in the clinical setting, adapted from feedback received from the TIPS teaching course that was ran previously.
This new one-day course offers practical guidance on developing your teaching skills by improving interaction and applying structure to your teaching sessions with the opportunity to practice these newly acquired skills in a mini-teaching session of your own. The course incorporates core aspects of clinical teaching with small group teaching and consistently links to medical educational theory.
The course will run from registration and introduction at 8.45am until 5.30pm, with coffee breaks and lunch provided.
All of our current courses are fully booked. To join the mailing list and receive notifications of cancellations and new course dates, please apply here: http://uclmstrainingtoteach.eventbrite.co.uk
If you are not a staff member of a partner Trust listed below the course fee of £185.00 will apply, instructions for which will be sent after booking. Please see the application form for cancellation instructions.
If you are funded by your employer/Trust please ensure the administrator contacts us immediately with invoicing instructions.
There is no fee if you are directly employed by one of the following Trusts:
- Central North West London NHS Trust
- Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust
- University College London Hospitals NHS Trust (University College Hospital, Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Heart Hospital, Eastman Dental Hospital)
- Whittington Hospital Trust
- UCL Medical School staff
We are unable to offer any discounts or exemptions if you are not directly employed by a Partner Trust.
- If you have already attended TIPS 1 or TIPS FY you will not need to attend this course.
- If you are interested in the previous TIPS 2 or 3 courses unfortunately we will no longer be offering these at ACME and are unable to suggest an alternative.
- Please ensure you have approved study leave and are able to attend before booking, as the courses are very popular and places could be taken by another candidate.
If you have any queries please contact the course administrator, Jeannine Attreed firstname.lastname@example.org.