- Academic Centre for Medical Education
- Clinical Communication Skills Unit
- Clinical Teaching Fellows
- General Medical Council
- Medical Ethics and Law Unit
- Medical School Newsletter
- Postgraduate Activities
- Our people
- Public Engagement
- Research Degrees
- Target Medicine
- Taught Degrees
- TtT - Training to Teach (previously TIPS)
- Teaching & Professional Development Unit (TPDU)
Public engagement is central to medical education at UCL, alongside teaching and research. Staff and students participate in a wide range of activities to involve the general public in the education of our future doctors.
Some of our key projects are:
We also run the student-led widening access to medicine project - Target Medicine.
Public Lectures and Podcasts
- Watch Petra Boynton's UCL lunch hour lecture - "Sex education via the media:promises and pitfalls"
- Listen to Narciss Okhravi's and Katherine Woolf's podcast - Bright Club - ITunes or non ITunes
- Watch Katherine Woolf's public lecture - Race Equality: "Ethnicity and the academic performance of UK medical students and doctors"
- Listen to Katherine Woolf's - First attempt at stand up at Bright Club
- Public engagement and patient and public involvement (PPI) across UCL's School of Life and Medical Sciences
- Public engagement at UCL, including information on the public engagement team and funding for staff and student projects
- National co-ordinating centre for public engagement
- Research Councils UK public engagement