- Academic Centre for Medical Education
- Clinical Communication Skills Unit
- Clinical Teaching Fellows
- Divisional Staff
- General Medical Council
- Medical Ethics and Law Unit
- Medical School Newsletter
- Postgraduate Activities
- Public Engagement
- Research Degrees
- Target Medicine
- Taught Degrees
- TtT - Training to Teach (previously TIPS)
- Teaching & Professional Development Unit (TPDU)
UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Social Media Policy
Nov 01, 2013 17:10PM
Social media has become a powerful part of the web in recent years and has changed the way we communicate and collaborate online. Many organisations, such as the GMC and the BMA, politicians and medical journals are actively using social media and discussions of various aspects of the professional lives of doctors are increasingly seen on Facebook, Twitter and blogs.Read more...
Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
Oct 02, 2013 09:08AM
We are very sad to report the death of Dr Daniel Brudney in a car crash on Friday 13 September.Read more...
UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
May 07, 2013 09:15AM
Booking has now opened for our third Medical Education Conference on the 12th June 2013!Read more...
UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
Mar 22, 2013 12:18PM
Dr Scott Rice – Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking: exploring the digital divideRead more...
UCL Medical School Hubs
Mar 22, 2013 12:17PM
We’re very pleased to announce that the first stage of a major estates upgrade for UCL Medical School is now underway. The upgrade is designed to develop Student HUBS and enhanced teaching space at each of our 3 main campuses. Plans and progress will be published on the UCLMS website as the projects develop at each site.Read more...
Public engagement is central to medical education at UCL, alongside teaching and research. Staff and students participate in a wide range of activities to involve the general public in the education of our future doctors.
Some of our key projects are:
We also run the student-led widening access to medicine project - Target Medicine.
UCL Medical School runs a number of projects that involve students teaching members of the public, including Sexpression.
Public Lectures and Podcasts
- Watch Petra Boynton's UCL lunch hour lecture - "Sex education via the media:promises and pitfalls" (22/02/11).
- Listen to Narciss Okhravi's and Katherine Woolf's podcast - Bright Club - ITunes or non ITunes
- Watch Katherine Woolf's public lecture - Race Equality: "Ethnicity and the academic performance of UK medical students and doctors" (18/04/11).
- Listen to Katherine Woolf's - First attempt at stand up at Bright Club (13/12/10).
- Public engagement and patient and public involvement (PPI) across UCL's School of Life and Medical Sciences
- Public engagement at UCL, including information on the public engagement team and funding for staff and student projects
- National co-ordinating centre for public engagement
- Research Councils UK public engagement