- Academic Centre for Medical Education
- Clinical Communication Skills Unit
- Clinical Teaching Fellows
- Divisional Staff
- General Medical Council
- Medical Ethics and Law Unit
- Medical School Newsletter
- Postgraduate Activities
- Public Engagement
- Research Degrees
- Target Medicine
- Taught Degrees
- TtT - Training to Teach (previously TIPS)
- Teaching & Professional Development Unit (TPDU)
UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
Mar 05, 2014 11:24AM
The intercalated BSc - why do medical schools offer them and what do they achieve?Read more...
Provost’s Public Engagement Awards
Feb 12, 2014 14:23PM
Winner: Engager of the year (researcher/academic grade 8 and above) Dr Jayne Kavanagh, UCL Medical SchoolRead more...
Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
Jan 08, 2014 10:49AM
This November, Professor Jane Dacre led the very first PACES for MRCP (Member of the Royal College of Physicians) in Myanmar. This was successfully held in New Yangon General Hospital, one of the teaching hospitals of the University of Medicine, Yangon.Read more...
UCLMS Social Media Policy
Nov 01, 2013 17:10PM
Social media has become a powerful part of the web in recent years and has changed the way we communicate and collaborate online. Many organisations, such as the GMC and the BMA, politicians and medical journals are actively using social media and discussions of various aspects of the professional lives of doctors are increasingly seen on Facebook, Twitter and blogs.Read more...
Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
Oct 02, 2013 09:08AM
We are very sad to report the death of Dr Daniel Brudney in a car crash on Friday 13 September.Read more...
Public engagement is central to medical education at UCL, alongside teaching and research. Staff and students participate in a wide range of activities to involve the general public in the education of our future doctors.
Some of our key projects are:
We also run the student-led widening access to medicine project - Target Medicine.
UCL Medical School runs a number of projects that involve students teaching members of the public, including Sexpression.
Public Lectures and Podcasts
- Watch Petra Boynton's UCL lunch hour lecture - "Sex education via the media:promises and pitfalls" (22/02/11).
- Listen to Narciss Okhravi's and Katherine Woolf's podcast - Bright Club - ITunes or non ITunes
- Watch Katherine Woolf's public lecture - Race Equality: "Ethnicity and the academic performance of UK medical students and doctors" (18/04/11).
- Listen to Katherine Woolf's - First attempt at stand up at Bright Club (13/12/10).
- Public engagement and patient and public involvement (PPI) across UCL's School of Life and Medical Sciences
- Public engagement at UCL, including information on the public engagement team and funding for staff and student projects
- National co-ordinating centre for public engagement
- Research Councils UK public engagement