Training to Teach
New Training Course for Teaching in the Clinical Environment
"Teaching is a skill and like any skill it can be learnt. Those with a special responsibility for teaching need to make every effort to develop and maintain the skills of a competent teacher".
Good Medical Practice, GMC, 2006
The Academic Centre for Medical Education is delighted to introduce a new teacher training course for healthcare professionals who teach in the clinical setting, adapted from feedback received from the TIPS teaching course that was ran previously.
This new one-day course offers practical guidance on developing your teaching skills by improving interaction and applying structure to your teaching sessions with the opportunity to practice these newly acquired skills in a mini-teaching session of your own. The course incorporates core aspects of clinical teaching with small group teaching and consistently links to medical educational theory.
The course will run from registration and introduction at 8.45am until 5.30pm, with coffee breaks and lunch provided.
We do not currently have any course dates booked past August. Please join the mailing list to be kept informed of new dates: https://uclmstrainingtoteach.eventbrite.co.uk.
- The course fee is £185.00 unless you are directly employed by a Partner Trust (see below list); payment instructions will be sent shortly after we receive your application
- Payment must then be made within 14 days of the course date or your place will be offered to another candidate
- If you are funded by your employer/Trust please ensure their departmental administrator contacts us immediately with invoicing instructions
- Central North West London NHS Foundation Trust (CNWL)
- Royal Free Hampstead/Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals NHS Trust
- UCL Medical School staff (not including alumni or staff from other UCL departments)
- UCLH NHS Trust
- We are unable to offer any discounts or exemptions if you are not directly employed by a Partner Trust (such as NCTFS trainees or Trust honorary contracts)
- Please ensure you have approved study leave and are able to attend before booking, as the courses are very popular and places could otherwise be taken by another candidate
If you have any questions please contact the course administrator firstname.lastname@example.org.