- Academic Centre for Medical Education
- Clinical Communication Skills Unit
- Clinical Teaching Fellows
- Divisional Staff
- General Medical Council
- Medical Ethics and Law Unit
- Medical School Newsletter
- Postgraduate Activities
- Public Engagement
- Research Degrees
- Target Medicine
- Taught Degrees
- TtT - Training to Teach (previously TIPS)
- Teaching & Professional Development Unit (TPDU)
UCL Medical School News
UCLMS student Ersong Shang wins the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize in Ophthalmology
May 13, 2014 09:18AM
UCL Medical Student Ersong Shang has won the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize in Ophthalmology – 2014. 550 students from 36 Medical Schools in the United Kingdom and Ireland competed in the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize Examination in March. The standard is deliberately high and those taking the top places are to be congratulated. Ersong will collect £400.00 or the equivalent prize (a chance to visit St John’s Eye Hospital in Jerusalem).Read more...
Professor Jane Dacre elected president of the Royal College of Physicians
Apr 28, 2014 10:24AM
Professor Jane Dacre was elected president of the Royal College of Physicians last night, by single transferable vote from a field of ten candidates, in a ballot organised by Electoral Reform Services. The result was announced at the end of College Day, the day of the RCP’s Annual General Meeting. Professor Dacre won by 281 votes from the next nearest candidate and becomes the third female president in the RCP’s history. In total there were 4,933 valid votes, and following nine voting transfers Professor Dacre was elected with 1,848 votes.Read more...
UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
Mar 05, 2014 11:24AM
The intercalated BSc - why do medical schools offer them and what do they achieve?Read more...
Provost’s Public Engagement Awards
Feb 12, 2014 14:23PM
Winner: Engager of the year (researcher/academic grade 8 and above) Dr Jayne Kavanagh, UCL Medical SchoolRead more...
Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
Jan 08, 2014 10:49AM
This November, Professor Jane Dacre led the very first PACES for MRCP (Member of the Royal College of Physicians) in Myanmar. This was successfully held in New Yangon General Hospital, one of the teaching hospitals of the University of Medicine, Yangon.Read more...
Medical Education Conference 2012
We held our second Medical Education Conference - Teaching, Learning and Assessing in the Workplace – on 11th June 2012 and the day was a great success. The event was fully booked three weeks in advance of the day and attracted colleagues from central teaching sites, district general hospitals and general practice. Delegates from the GMC, other medical schools, the Deanery and the Institute of education were also present.
The programme for the day can be accessed here. All presentations by our keynote speakers and from the workshops can be accessed below as a resource.
- Prof Sir John Tooke – Teaching, learning and assessing in the workplace
- Prof Janet Grant – Medical Education: an induction into the profession
- Dr Gavin Johnson – Assessment in the workplace
- Dr Deborah Gill and Dr Ann Griffin - You’re not at school now: Exploring participation and learning in medical education
- Prof Karen Mann – Workplace learning
- Prof Norbert Pachler and Dr Christoph Pimmer – Disentangling the dynamics of learning in clinical contexts
- Alex Nesbitt, Freya Baird, Andrew Pitcher and Lyndon James – Enhancing feedback on workplace-based assessments
- Aroon Lal and Anita Berlin – Student assistantships: what’s new
- Deborah Gill – Credentialing your teaching
- Catherine O’Keeffe – Making every moment count: strategies for teaching when time is short
- Benjamin Ruscoe and Laura Empey – What makes a good doctor? Can Situational Judgement Testing deliver a better class of medical professional
- Jonathan Cartledge – Team learning
- Kath Woolf and Jayne Kavanagh – Should medical schools worry about prejudice in students?
- Lorraine Noble – Focus on feedback
If you would like to be added to the mailing list for the Medical Education series please contact Deanne Attreed