- Academic Centre for Medical Education
- Clinical Communication Skills Unit
- Clinical Teaching Fellows
- Divisional Staff
- General Medical Council
- Medical Ethics and Law Unit
- Medical School Newsletter
- Postgraduate Activities
- Public Engagement
- Research Degrees
- Target Medicine
- Taught Degrees
- TtT - Training to Teach (previously TIPS)
- Teaching & Professional Development Unit (TPDU)
UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
Mar 05, 2014 11:24AM
The intercalated BSc - why do medical schools offer them and what do they achieve?Read more...
Provost’s Public Engagement Awards
Feb 12, 2014 14:23PM
Winner: Engager of the year (researcher/academic grade 8 and above) Dr Jayne Kavanagh, UCL Medical SchoolRead more...
Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
Jan 08, 2014 10:49AM
This November, Professor Jane Dacre led the very first PACES for MRCP (Member of the Royal College of Physicians) in Myanmar. This was successfully held in New Yangon General Hospital, one of the teaching hospitals of the University of Medicine, Yangon.Read more...
UCLMS Social Media Policy
Nov 01, 2013 17:10PM
Social media has become a powerful part of the web in recent years and has changed the way we communicate and collaborate online. Many organisations, such as the GMC and the BMA, politicians and medical journals are actively using social media and discussions of various aspects of the professional lives of doctors are increasingly seen on Facebook, Twitter and blogs.Read more...
Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
Oct 02, 2013 09:08AM
We are very sad to report the death of Dr Daniel Brudney in a car crash on Friday 13 September.Read more...
Medical Education Conference 2012
We held our second Medical Education Conference - Teaching, Learning and Assessing in the Workplace – on 11th June 2012 and the day was a great success. The event was fully booked three weeks in advance of the day and attracted colleagues from central teaching sites, district general hospitals and general practice. Delegates from the GMC, other medical schools, the Deanery and the Institute of education were also present.
The programme for the day can be accessed here. All presentations by our keynote speakers and from the workshops can be accessed below as a resource.
- Prof Sir John Tooke – Teaching, learning and assessing in the workplace
- Prof Janet Grant – Medical Education: an induction into the profession
- Dr Gavin Johnson – Assessment in the workplace
- Dr Deborah Gill and Dr Ann Griffin - You’re not at school now: Exploring participation and learning in medical education
- Prof Karen Mann – Workplace learning
- Prof Norbert Pachler and Dr Christoph Pimmer – Disentangling the dynamics of learning in clinical contexts
- Alex Nesbitt, Freya Baird, Andrew Pitcher and Lyndon James – Enhancing feedback on workplace-based assessments
- Aroon Lal and Anita Berlin – Student assistantships: what’s new
- Deborah Gill – Credentialing your teaching
- Catherine O’Keeffe – Making every moment count: strategies for teaching when time is short
- Benjamin Ruscoe and Laura Empey – What makes a good doctor? Can Situational Judgement Testing deliver a better class of medical professional
- Jonathan Cartledge – Team learning
- Kath Woolf and Jayne Kavanagh – Should medical schools worry about prejudice in students?
- Lorraine Noble – Focus on feedback
If you would like to be added to the mailing list for the Medical Education series please contact Deanne Attreed