- Academic Centre for Medical Education
- Clinical Communication Skills Unit
- Clinical Postgraduate Training and MDECs
- Clinical Teaching Fellows
- Divisional Staff
- General Medical Council
- Medical Ethics and Law Unit
- Medical School Newsletter
- Postgraduate Activities
- Public Engagement
- Research Degrees
- Target Medicine
- Taught Degrees
- Teaching & Professional Development Unit (TPDU)
UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
May 07, 2013 09:15AM
Booking has now opened for our third Medical Education Conference on the 12th June 2013!Read more...
UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
Mar 22, 2013 12:18PM
Dr Scott Rice – Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking: exploring the digital divideRead more...
UCL Medical School Hubs
Mar 22, 2013 12:17PM
We’re very pleased to announce that the first stage of a major estates upgrade for UCL Medical School is now underway. The upgrade is designed to develop Student HUBS and enhanced teaching space at each of our 3 main campuses. Plans and progress will be published on the UCLMS website as the projects develop at each site.Read more...
NHS Change Day: do something better together
Feb 15, 2013 16:54PM
NHS Change Day will take place on 13.03.13. It will be one day during which the collective energy, creativity and ideas of thousands of NHS staff, and those who support the NHS, in all areas of work and right across the country, will demonstrate how one simple action or new idea can make a difference and improve care for patients, their families and their carers. The team behind NHS Change Day are asking people to make pledges of an action or idea. You can see our pledge on the NHS Change Day pledge wall .Read more...
Speak Up! The 2013 National Student Survey seeks your views
Feb 12, 2013 10:26AM
Speak up!Read more...
Medical Education Conference 2012
We held our second Medical Education Conference - Teaching, Learning and Assessing in the Workplace – on 11th June 2012 and the day was a great success. The event was fully booked three weeks in advance of the day and attracted colleagues from central teaching sites, district general hospitals and general practice. Delegates from the GMC, other medical schools, the Deanery and the Institute of education were also present.
The programme for the day can be accessed here. All presentations by our keynote speakers and from the workshops can be accessed below as a resource.
- Prof Sir John Tooke – Teaching, learning and assessing in the workplace
- Prof Janet Grant – Medical Education: an induction into the profession
- Dr Gavin Johnson – Assessment in the workplace
- Dr Deborah Gill and Dr Ann Griffin - You’re not at school now: Exploring participation and learning in medical education
- Prof Karen Mann – Workplace learning
- Prof Norbert Pachler and Dr Christoph Pimmer – Disentangling the dynamics of learning in clinical contexts
- Alex Nesbitt, Freya Baird, Andrew Pitcher and Lyndon James – Enhancing feedback on workplace-based assessments
- Aroon Lal and Anita Berlin – Student assistantships: what’s new
- Deborah Gill – Credentialing your teaching
- Catherine O’Keeffe – Making every moment count: strategies for teaching when time is short
- Benjamin Ruscoe and Laura Empey – What makes a good doctor? Can Situational Judgement Testing deliver a better class of medical professional
- Jonathan Cartledge – Team learning
- Kath Woolf and Jayne Kavanagh – Should medical schools worry about prejudice in students?
- Lorraine Noble – Focus on feedback
If you would like to be added to the mailing list for the Medical Education series please contact Deanne Attreed