- Academic Centre for Medical Education
- Clinical Communication Skills Unit
- Clinical Teaching Fellows
- Divisional Staff
- General Medical Council
- Medical Ethics and Law Unit
- Medical School Newsletter
- Postgraduate Activities
- Public Engagement
- Research Degrees
- Target Medicine
- Taught Degrees
- TtT - Training to Teach (previously TIPS)
- Teaching & Professional Development Unit (TPDU)
UCL Medical School News
UCL Medical School awarded Athena SWAN Silver Award
Jul 18, 2014 16:05PM
UCL Medical School is delighted to have received a departmental Athena SWAN Silver Award following our November 2013 application. The award recognises our efforts to provide a supportive and empowering work environment that ultimately benefits all members of staff.Read more...
Dr Deborah Gill wins Women in the City Future Leaders Award 2014
Jul 17, 2014 11:26AM
The joint winners of the prestigious Women in the City Future Leaders Award 2014 announced on Friday 11th July are; Dr Deborah Gill, Interim Director, UCL Medical School, University College London and Naomi Bowman, Senior Manager – Governance & Operations – Group Monitor Liaison Office, HSBC Holdings PLC.Read more...
UCLMS student Ersong Shang wins the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize in Ophthalmology
May 13, 2014 09:18AM
UCL Medical Student Ersong Shang has won the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize in Ophthalmology – 2014. 550 students from 36 Medical Schools in the United Kingdom and Ireland competed in the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize Examination in March. The standard is deliberately high and those taking the top places are to be congratulated. Ersong will collect £400.00 or the equivalent prize (a chance to visit St John’s Eye Hospital in Jerusalem).Read more...
Professor Jane Dacre elected president of the Royal College of Physicians
Apr 28, 2014 10:24AM
Professor Jane Dacre was elected president of the Royal College of Physicians last night, by single transferable vote from a field of ten candidates, in a ballot organised by Electoral Reform Services. The result was announced at the end of College Day, the day of the RCP’s Annual General Meeting. Professor Dacre won by 281 votes from the next nearest candidate and becomes the third female president in the RCP’s history.Read more...
UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
Mar 05, 2014 11:24AM
This seminar will provide a valuable insight into an important aspect of the MBBS curriculum. Integrating our BSc strengthens the research focus of, and scientific basis behind, the medical programme at UCLMS. It is frequently cited by applicants to UCL as an important reason why they apply here.Read more...
Effective Communiation Skills for Senior Staff
- To develop the understanding of the principles of effective communication in health care settings
- To enable participants to develop their expert communication skills
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Describe the skills required for conducting constructive appraisals and feedback to juniors
- Recognise styles of handling conflict and identify the stages of successful negotiations
- Outline effective strategies for responding to complaints and ciriticism
- Reflect on communication in order to identify effective responses in these situations