- Academic Centre for Medical Education
- Clinical Communication Skills Unit
- Clinical Teaching Fellows
- Divisional Staff
- General Medical Council
- Medical Ethics and Law Unit
- Medical School Newsletter
- Postgraduate Activities
- Public Engagement
- Research Degrees
- Target Medicine
- Taught Degrees
- TtT - Training to Teach (previously TIPS)
- Teaching & Professional Development Unit (TPDU)
UCL Medical School News
Cruciform Hub Now Open!
Sep 01, 2014 14:31PM
After a year-long refurbishment, the UCL Cruciform Hub is open from Monday 1st September 2014. The Cruciform Library, Cluster and Seminar Rooms have been refurbished to create a welcoming and vibrant space at the heart of Gower Street.Read more...
UCL Medical School awarded Athena SWAN Silver Award
Jul 18, 2014 16:05PM
UCL Medical School is delighted to have received a departmental Athena SWAN Silver Award following our November 2013 application.Read more...
Dr Deborah Gill wins Women in the City Future Leaders Award 2014
Jul 17, 2014 11:26AM
Dr Deborah Gill, Interim Director, UCL Medical School was a joint winner of the prestigious Women in the City Future Leaders Award 2014 announced on Friday 11th July.Read more...
UCLMS student Ersong Shang wins the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize in Ophthalmology
May 13, 2014 09:18AM
UCL Medical Student Ersong Shang has won the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize in Ophthalmology 2014.Read more...
Professor Jane Dacre elected president of the Royal College of Physicians
Apr 28, 2014 10:24AM
Professor Jane Dacre was elected president of the Royal College of Physicians last night, by single transferable vote from a field of ten candidates, in a ballot organised by Electoral Reform Services.Read more...
Effective Communiation Skills for Senior Staff
- To develop the understanding of the principles of effective communication in health care settings
- To enable participants to develop their expert communication skills
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Describe the skills required for conducting constructive appraisals and feedback to juniors
- Recognise styles of handling conflict and identify the stages of successful negotiations
- Outline effective strategies for responding to complaints and ciriticism
- Reflect on communication in order to identify effective responses in these situations