UCL Medical School News
- UCL Medical School in Times Good University Guide
- Cruciform Hub Now Open!
- UCL Medical School awarded Athena SWAN Silver Award
- Dr Deborah Gill wins Women in the City Future Leaders Award 2014
- UCLMS student Ersong Shang wins the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize in Ophthalmology
- Professor Jane Dacre elected president of the Royal College of Physicians
- UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
- Provost’s Public Engagement Awards
- Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
- UCLMS Social Media Policy
- Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
- UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
- UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
- UCL Medical School Hubs
- NHS Change Day: do something better together
- Speak Up! The 2013 National Student Survey seeks your views
- Excellence in Medical Education Awards applications deadline is 11th February 2013
- UCLMS Seminar: "I'm only a student" - Medical Students’ Ethical Dilemmas
- Professor Jane Dacre attended an Inquiry into Women in the Workplace at the House of Commons
- Professor Jane Dacre wins high profile city award
- Number 1 in the capital (again!): UCL remains London’s top ranked medical school
- Medical schools encouraged by increase of women in academic posts
- Find out about UCLMS Education Consultancy
- 2012-13 dates for UCLMS Medical Education Seminar Series and Conference
- The MBBS course at UCL: No.1 in London, 4th in the UK and 6th in the world
- UCLMS student, Kwame Asante, wins the prestigious Chortle Student Comedy Award
- Developing your career in medical education; a conference for trainees and students
- UCLMS student, Dan Grant, carried the Olympic Flame through London.
- Medical Education Conference 2012
- Final Year UCLMS student, Rita Issa, wins 2nd prize in the Michael Pittilo Student Essay Award
- Target Medicine's academic leads visit the Cabinet Office
- Latest MBBS 2012 Curriculum Overview
- Luton and Dunstable Hospital is awarded UCL Medical School Teaching Hospital status
- ‘Getting ready for the REF: Strengthening submissions in medical education research’
- Clinical Assessment Centre Open Day
- Medical Education Conference 2012
- New Clinical Assessment Centre
- Meet the clinical fellows
- UCL Medical School tops the London Schools in the NSS
- UCL student volunteers win Team London Award
Excellence in Medical Education Awards applications deadline is 11th February 2013
25 January 2013
The closing date (11th February) is nearly upon us for EMEA applications so get your form in to the QA Office quickly! These awards are open to anyone involved in undergraduate education. Their purpose is to provide a tangible means of recognition of exceptional contribution to education in any phase of the MBBS programme.
A selection panel, representing the Medical School Quality Management and Enhancement Committee (mQMEC) will consider applications and make recommendations for awards to be confirmed by the Vice Provost and Head of the Medical School, Professor Sir John Tooke.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be involved in the education of undergraduates on the MBBS programme including:
- Any member of academic or administrative staff who is an employee of UCL
- Clinicians or administrators based at a NHS site (community or hospital)
- Teams working together to provide teaching may apply
- Members of support staff involved in the facilitation of student learning
Please note that if you have won an EMEA in the last three years you will need to show significant development in the field, OR be clear that the application is on the basis of clearly distinct work.
Check the Quality Assurance Office website for more details and how to apply.