UCL Medical School News
- Provost’s Spirit of Enterprise Award
- Medical student volunteer wins Team London Award
- NEW: Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/MSc in Clinical and Professional Education
- RUMS rugby team win the United Hospitals Cup!
- Masters level credited modules available
- MSEC team in Kazakhstan
- Jane Richardson posthumously awarded her Psychology Doctorate
- New UCL Cruciform Hub officially opens
- Art launch at the Whittington Undergraduate Centre
- UCL student volunteers win Team London Award
- UCL Medical School in Times Good University Guide
- Cruciform Hub Now Open!
- UCL Medical School awarded Athena SWAN Silver Award
- Dr Deborah Gill wins Women in the City Future Leaders Award 2014
- UCLMS student Ersong Shang wins the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize in Ophthalmology
- Professor Jane Dacre elected president of the Royal College of Physicians
- UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
- Provost’s Public Engagement Awards
- Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
- UCLMS Social Media Policy
- Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
- UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
- UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
- UCL Medical School Hubs
- NHS Change Day: do something better together
- Speak Up! The 2013 National Student Survey seeks your views
- Excellence in Medical Education Awards applications deadline is 11th February 2013
- UCLMS Seminar: "I'm only a student" - Medical Students’ Ethical Dilemmas
- Professor Jane Dacre attended an Inquiry into Women in the Workplace at the House of Commons
- Professor Jane Dacre wins high profile city award
- Number 1 in the capital (again!): UCL remains London’s top ranked medical school
- Medical schools encouraged by increase of women in academic posts
- Find out about UCLMS Education Consultancy
- 2012-13 dates for UCLMS Medical Education Seminar Series and Conference
- The MBBS course at UCL: No.1 in London, 4th in the UK and 6th in the world
- UCLMS student, Kwame Asante, wins the prestigious Chortle Student Comedy Award
- Developing your career in medical education; a conference for trainees and students
- UCLMS student, Dan Grant, carried the Olympic Flame through London.
- Medical Education Conference 2012
- Final Year UCLMS student, Rita Issa, wins 2nd prize in the Michael Pittilo Student Essay Award
- Target Medicine's academic leads visit the Cabinet Office
- Latest MBBS 2012 Curriculum Overview
- Luton and Dunstable Hospital is awarded UCL Medical School Teaching Hospital status
- ‘Getting ready for the REF: Strengthening submissions in medical education research’
- Medical Education Conference 2012
- Meet the clinical fellows
- UCL Medical School tops the London Schools in the NSS
Professor Jane Dacre wins high profile city award
6 November 2012
Women in the City announces Medicine & Healthcare Category Award winner for the Woman of Achievement Award 2012
Prof. Jane Dacre, Director, UCL Medical School, University College London, won the Medicine & Healthcare Category for the 2012 Women in the City Woman of Achievement Award announced at the Celebration evening sponsored by Lusso - which provides the ultimate in corporate dining for leading legal, media, accountancy, insurance and banking firms - and held in the Museum of London, Docklands, on Tuesday 30th October.
Jane was one of just seven eminent women who secured success and won their category. The highly competitive award scheme saw a wide variety of talented female executives from across London and the Home Counties go head-to-head to compete for the Women in the City Award.
Prof. Jane Dacre, Director, UCL Medical School, University College London, on winning the award said; “I am delighted to have won this award. Working in a Russell group University, and Medical School can be challenging for young women, particularly clinical academics. To be recognised for this award will help to show those coming through, that, although it is still a tough environment, it is an exciting place to be, and worth the challenge. I would not be here without the support of a fantastic team of colleagues, who have kept me sane along the way.”Prof. Dacre will now go on to contend for the overall 2012 Woman of Achievement Award. The main Woman of Achievement Award prize for 2012 includes a place on the prestigious Accelerated Development Program delivered by The University of Chicago Booth School of Business at its London campus. This prize will be presented on Friday, 23rd November at the 10th Annual Women in the City Celebration Lunch held at Plaisterers’ Hall, London.
Medicine & Healthcare is endorsed by The Medical Women’s Federation. As a category endorser The Federation helps
to; promote the awards, provide a Judging Panel, select the Category Winner,
and presents the Award Certificates.
On presenting the award, Dr Fiona Cornish, President, The Medical Women’s Federation commented; “Professor Jane Dacre is a trailblazer in medical education with her work on women doctors, spotlighting the needs of an increasing proportion of women in the profession. She has led investigations into the impact of gender and ethnicity on the achievements of medical students and doctors. As Director of University College London Medical School, she is responsible for a large medical education budget and the training of 400 newly-qualified doctors each year – and yet still manages to have a fulfilling family life. She is respected for her down-to-earth and collaborative approach and truly is a beacon and role model for women in the medical profession for the 21st century. “
Award judging panel is chaired by Prof Susan Vinnicombe, OBE, Director,
Cranfield International Research Centre for Women Leaders. The principal aim of
the Women in the City Woman of Achievement Award is to highlight and formally
recognise those women who, as well as fulfilling a demanding senior level role,
are actively promoting and encouraging the progress of women in their
organisation and sector.
Limited places are available at the 2012 Women in the City Lunch & Awards Ceremony, visit www.citywomen.co.uk to book.