UCL Medical School News
- UCLMS student Daniyal Jafree is selected to join the Zurich International Biology Undergraduate Summer School
- RUMS rugby team win the United Hospitals Cup!
- NEW: Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/MSc in Clinical and Professional Development
- Masters level credited modules available
- MSEC team in Kazakhstan
- Jane Richardson posthumously awarded her Psychology Doctorate
- New UCL Cruciform Hub officially opens
- Art launch at the Whittington Undergraduate Centre
- UCL student volunteers win Team London Award
- UCL Medical School in Times Good University Guide
- Cruciform Hub Now Open!
- UCL Medical School awarded Athena SWAN Silver Award
- Dr Deborah Gill wins Women in the City Future Leaders Award 2014
- UCLMS student Ersong Shang wins the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize in Ophthalmology
- Professor Jane Dacre elected president of the Royal College of Physicians
- UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
- Provost’s Public Engagement Awards
- Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
- UCLMS Social Media Policy
- Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
- UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
- UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
- UCL Medical School Hubs
- NHS Change Day: do something better together
- Speak Up! The 2013 National Student Survey seeks your views
- Excellence in Medical Education Awards applications deadline is 11th February 2013
- UCLMS Seminar: "I'm only a student" - Medical Students’ Ethical Dilemmas
- Professor Jane Dacre attended an Inquiry into Women in the Workplace at the House of Commons
- Professor Jane Dacre wins high profile city award
- Number 1 in the capital (again!): UCL remains London’s top ranked medical school
- Medical schools encouraged by increase of women in academic posts
- Find out about UCLMS Education Consultancy
- 2012-13 dates for UCLMS Medical Education Seminar Series and Conference
- The MBBS course at UCL: No.1 in London, 4th in the UK and 6th in the world
- UCLMS student, Kwame Asante, wins the prestigious Chortle Student Comedy Award
- Developing your career in medical education; a conference for trainees and students
- UCLMS student, Dan Grant, carried the Olympic Flame through London.
- Medical Education Conference 2012
- Final Year UCLMS student, Rita Issa, wins 2nd prize in the Michael Pittilo Student Essay Award
- Target Medicine's academic leads visit the Cabinet Office
- Latest MBBS 2012 Curriculum Overview
- Luton and Dunstable Hospital is awarded UCL Medical School Teaching Hospital status
- ‘Getting ready for the REF: Strengthening submissions in medical education research’
- Clinical Assessment Centre Open Day
- Medical Education Conference 2012
- New Clinical Assessment Centre
- Meet the clinical fellows
- UCL Medical School tops the London Schools in the NSS
Number 1 in the capital (again!): UCL remains London’s top ranked medical school
5 October 2012
UCL Medical School is ranked number 1 in London - again. The result of the 2011-2012 National Student Survey (NSS) has just been made available and Medicine at UCL continues to receive extremely positive feedback and the overall satisfaction score for MB BS programme is 94%. The MB BS degree at UCL also stands well above the sector average for medicine (89% overall satisfaction).
The organisation and management and opportunities for personal development were the two domains scoring the highest. Feedback on assessment is the domain which scores the lowest, however, ongoing efforts to improve this area have resulted in year upon year improvements and UCL remains above the sector average. Despite not affecting the overall satisfaction score the percentage achieved for the teaching domain was down slightly and will need to be kept under careful review. With the changes made in the new curriculum it is hoped that the students’ perception of academic support will rise dramatically in the forthcoming year.
The graph below shows the overall satisfaction scores since 2007.
The good news does not stop there. UCL Medicine graduates also have a 100% employment rate in the Foundation Programme for 2012.
The new MB BS curriculum starts this academic year. Much work has gone into this, with the aim of creating highly competent and scientifically literate clinicians, equipped to practise patient-centred medicine in a constantly changing modern world, with a strong foundation in the basic medical and social sciences. We look forward to improving and maintaining our excellent results as the Medical School continues to strive to provide the best student experience that reflects the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s patients.