UCL Medical School News
- RUMS rugby team win the United Hospitals Cup!
- NEW: Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/MSc in Clinical and Professional Development
- Masters level credited modules available
- MSEC team in Kazakhstan
- Jane Richardson posthumously awarded her Psychology Doctorate
- New UCL Cruciform Hub officially opens
- Art launch at the Whittington Undergraduate Centre
- UCL student volunteers win Team London Award
- UCL Medical School in Times Good University Guide
- Cruciform Hub Now Open!
- UCL Medical School awarded Athena SWAN Silver Award
- Dr Deborah Gill wins Women in the City Future Leaders Award 2014
- UCLMS student Ersong Shang wins the Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize in Ophthalmology
- Professor Jane Dacre elected president of the Royal College of Physicians
- UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
- Provost’s Public Engagement Awards
- Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
- UCLMS Social Media Policy
- Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
- UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
- UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
- UCL Medical School Hubs
- NHS Change Day: do something better together
- Speak Up! The 2013 National Student Survey seeks your views
- Excellence in Medical Education Awards applications deadline is 11th February 2013
- UCLMS Seminar: "I'm only a student" - Medical Students’ Ethical Dilemmas
- Professor Jane Dacre attended an Inquiry into Women in the Workplace at the House of Commons
- Professor Jane Dacre wins high profile city award
- Number 1 in the capital (again!): UCL remains London’s top ranked medical school
- Medical schools encouraged by increase of women in academic posts
- Find out about UCLMS Education Consultancy
- 2012-13 dates for UCLMS Medical Education Seminar Series and Conference
- The MBBS course at UCL: No.1 in London, 4th in the UK and 6th in the world
- UCLMS student, Kwame Asante, wins the prestigious Chortle Student Comedy Award
- Developing your career in medical education; a conference for trainees and students
- UCLMS student, Dan Grant, carried the Olympic Flame through London.
- Medical Education Conference 2012
- Final Year UCLMS student, Rita Issa, wins 2nd prize in the Michael Pittilo Student Essay Award
- Target Medicine's academic leads visit the Cabinet Office
- Latest MBBS 2012 Curriculum Overview
- Luton and Dunstable Hospital is awarded UCL Medical School Teaching Hospital status
- ‘Getting ready for the REF: Strengthening submissions in medical education research’
- Clinical Assessment Centre Open Day
- Medical Education Conference 2012
- New Clinical Assessment Centre
- Meet the clinical fellows
- UCL Medical School tops the London Schools in the NSS
UCLMS student, Dan Grant, carried the Olympic Flame through London.
2 August 2012
UCL Medical School student, Dan Grant, was an Olympic Torchbearer through the streets of South London on Sunday 22nd July. Dan was part of the torch’s 70 day journey, facilitated by eight thousand Torchbearers, ahead of the start of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Dan is an international 1-Wall Handball player and is both the European and a World Doubles champion. Dan was nominated as he has introduced the sport to more than 2000 young people, and got four schools to take up the sport permanently. He has also launched the first purpose built handball centre in London.
Dan commented: "It was an absolutely brilliant experience. I was filled with pride and it was just superb to see so many people coming from the local area to support. You can really sense the Olympic Spirit. I'm now hugely excited for the next couple of weeks."
To hear Dan's interview with BBC London Radio click the link below: