The Royal Free Hospital Medical Library is situated on the ground floor of the Royal Free Hospital.
Click here for a map of the local area.
Click here for a map of the hospital.
Directions from Belsize Park tube station:
- Turn right out of the station and continue walking up Haverstock Hill.
- Turn right at The George pub, onto Rowland Hill Street. At the bottom of the hill, the UCL Medical School entrance to the hospital will be in front of you.
- Enter the hospital and take the first corridor on the left. The Royal Free Library entrance is on your left, just after the ladies’ toilets.
Directions from Hampstead Heath rail station.
- Cross South End Road at the crossing opposite the station and turn left.
- Turn right onto Pond Street and enter the hospital via the main entrance.
- Follow the sign to ‘Main departments’, turning right into the corridor. You will pass the Sir William Wells Atrium on your right.
- Continue straight ahead; the Royal Free Library entrance is on the main corridor, on the right hand side.
View Larger Map
The Royal Free Library is open:
- 09:00 - 22:00 Monday to Friday
- 09:00 - 17:00 Saturday (except during August)
For information on services for disabled users, please see Information for disabled users