Clinical and Professional Skills Centre
- Venous Cannulation
- Presentation Anxiety
- PLAB/ UKFPO
- Teaching Courses
- All Courses
- Current MBBS Students
- UCLMS Education Consultancy
- Contact Us
Bloomsbury: 020 7679 6915
Whittington: 020 7288 3673
Royal Free: 020 7472 6861
Connect with us via social media
UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
Mar 05, 2014 11:24AM
The intercalated BSc - why do medical schools offer them and what do they achieve?Read more...
Provost’s Public Engagement Awards
Feb 12, 2014 14:23PM
Winner: Engager of the year (researcher/academic grade 8 and above) Dr Jayne Kavanagh, UCL Medical SchoolRead more...
Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
Jan 08, 2014 10:49AM
This November, Professor Jane Dacre led the very first PACES for MRCP (Member of the Royal College of Physicians) in Myanmar. This was successfully held in New Yangon General Hospital, one of the teaching hospitals of the University of Medicine, Yangon.Read more...
UCLMS Social Media Policy
Nov 01, 2013 17:10PM
Social media has become a powerful part of the web in recent years and has changed the way we communicate and collaborate online. Many organisations, such as the GMC and the BMA, politicians and medical journals are actively using social media and discussions of various aspects of the professional lives of doctors are increasingly seen on Facebook, Twitter and blogs.Read more...
Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
Oct 02, 2013 09:08AM
We are very sad to report the death of Dr Daniel Brudney in a car crash on Friday 13 September.Read more...
PLAB/UKFPO OSCE support
We are in the process of formalising OSCE support for the PLAB and UKFPO examinations.
In the meantime, we can offer support and practical skills training to help candidates prepare for their examinations. Please contact us for more information.
- Infection control – online course
- Basic airway management
- Male and female bladder catheterisiation
- Subcutaneous, intramuscular and intravenous drug administration
- Setting up an intravenous infusion
- Performing and interpreting a 12 lead ECG.
Basic Life Support
- Arterial Blood Gas Sampling and interpretation
- Blood culture sampling
- Nasogastric tube insertion
- Scrubbing, gloving and gowning
- Blood glucose testing
- Peak flow measurement
Use of inhalers /nebs
- Blood pressure measurement
- Cervical smear tests
- CTG interpretation
- Communication skills training to include; breaking bad news, dealing with an angry patient, explaining treatment or a procedure to a patient.
- Full system examination to include; cardiovascular, respiratory, abdominal, neurological and musculoskeletal examination.