Clinical and Professional Skills Centre
- Venous Cannulation
- Presentation Anxiety
- PLAB/ UKFPO
- Teaching Courses
- All Courses
- Current MBBS Students
- UCLMS Education Consultancy
- Contact Us
Bloomsbury: 020 7679 6915
Whittington: 020 7288 3673
Royal Free: 020 7472 6861
Connect with us via social media
UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
May 07, 2013 09:15AM
Booking has now opened for our third Medical Education Conference on the 12th June 2013!Read more...
UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
Mar 22, 2013 12:18PM
Dr Scott Rice – Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking: exploring the digital divideRead more...
UCL Medical School Hubs
Mar 22, 2013 12:17PM
We’re very pleased to announce that the first stage of a major estates upgrade for UCL Medical School is now underway. The upgrade is designed to develop Student HUBS and enhanced teaching space at each of our 3 main campuses. Plans and progress will be published on the UCLMS website as the projects develop at each site.Read more...
NHS Change Day: do something better together
Feb 15, 2013 16:54PM
NHS Change Day will take place on 13.03.13. It will be one day during which the collective energy, creativity and ideas of thousands of NHS staff, and those who support the NHS, in all areas of work and right across the country, will demonstrate how one simple action or new idea can make a difference and improve care for patients, their families and their carers. The team behind NHS Change Day are asking people to make pledges of an action or idea. You can see our pledge on the NHS Change Day pledge wall .Read more...
Speak Up! The 2013 National Student Survey seeks your views
Feb 12, 2013 10:26AM
Speak up!Read more...
PLAB/UKFPO OSCE support
We are in the process of formalising OSCE support for the PLAB and UKFPO examinations.
In the meantime, we offer bespoke support and training to help candidates prepare for their examinations. Please contact us for more information.
- Infection control – online course
- Basic airway management
- Male and female bladder catheterisiation
- Subcutaneous, intramuscular and intravenous drug administration
- Setting up an intravenous infusion
- Performing and interpreting a 12 lead ECG.
Basic Life Support
- Arterial Blood Gas Sampling and interpretation
- Blood culture sampling
- Nasogastric tube insertion
- Scrubbing, gloving and gowning
- Blood glucose testing
- Peak flow measurement
Use of inhalers /nebs
- Blood pressure measurement
- Cervical smear tests
- CTG interpretation
- Communication skills training to include; breaking bad news, dealing with an angry patient, explaining treatment or a procedure to a patient.
- Full system examination to include; cardiovascular, respiratory, abdominal, neurological and musculoskeletal examination.