Training to Teach
Teaching in the Clinical Environment
"Teaching is a skill and like any skill it can be
learnt. Those with a special responsibility for teaching need to make
every effort to develop and maintain the skills of a competent teacher".
Good Medical Practice, GMC, 2006
UCL Medical School is delighted to introduce a new teacher training course for healthcare professionals who teach in the clinical setting, adapted from feedback received from the TIPS teaching course that was ran previously.
This new one-day course offers practical guidance on developing your teaching skills by improving interaction and applying structure to your teaching sessions with the opportunity to practice these newly acquired skills in a mini-teaching session of your own. The course incorporates core aspects of clinical teaching with small group teaching and consistently links to medical educational theory.
The course will run from registration and introduction at 8.45am until 5.30pm, with coffee breaks and lunch provided (meat, vegetarian and halal selection).
The course fee is £200.00 and payment must be made at the point of application (see "How to apply" below).
Fee exemptions are only available to staff who are directly employed by:
- Central North West London NHS Trust (CNWL)
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust (including Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals NHS Trust)
We are unable to offer any discounts or exemptions to any other applicants. This includes:
- North Central Thames Foundation School doctors
- North London Deanery staff
- Those who teach UCL medical students at on of our DGHs
- Those who teach on the CPP modules at UCL Medical School
- Ex-UCL Medical School students
- Staff with honorary contracts at UCLH, UCLMS, Royal Free or Barnet Hospitals
- Staff from other UCL departments
- Students on postgraduate programmes within other UCL departments
How to apply
To view upcoming course dates and make an application please visit http://onlinestore.ucl.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/faculty-of-medical-sciences-c10/ucl-medical-school-d20. Please note payment is required upon booking your place, we are unable to reserve places and then wait for payment.
ATTENTION CNWL TRUST STAFF
Please email us via email@example.com to book onto one of the course dates shown via the above link.
ATTENTION UCLH/ROYAL FREE NHS TRUST STAFF
Please contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place on the course.
Please ensure you have approved study leave and are able to attend before booking, as the courses are very popular and places could otherwise be taken by another candidate.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.