- Services for Media
- In the media
- Services for Staff
Call us: +44 (0)20 7679 9041
The UCL Media Relations team is the university’s central press office.
We connect journalists to expert academics and promote UCL research and teaching throughout the global media.
How we can help UCL staff
What we offer
- Advice on dealing with a media request or interview
- An assessment of the news value of your story, with recommendations on how, when and where to promote your research
- Advice on handling a difficult or controversial issue, including crisis management
- Assistance with a film crew on campus, where necessary
- A UCL Experts database for journalists
- Information on media training and other media-related issues
- An online archive of media coverage
When to contact us
- If you have an upcoming paper or conference presentation that is potentially newsworthy, or an idea for our story – use our Submit your Story form or contact us direct. Please involve us as early on as possible and note that we can't distribute press releases prepared by other parties
- If your work is being publicised by another organisation we are happy to look over the release, give general advice, organise promotion in other UCL channels and refer on any media enquiries
- If you need advice on dealing with the media – our Tips on Media page may also be helpful
- If you are about to appear or have appeared in the media – we can link to the coverage from the UCL website and on Twitter to increase exposure
- To register for our Find an Expert database, or update your profile
- You can find more information on our services in our Media Guide.
Speaking to the media
The media relations team has no desire or remit to restrict the regular daily exchange between UCL academics and the media. UCL experts are in regular demand, and the university’s visibility in the media through its experts is a reflection of the excellence of its research.
However, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know if you have been speaking to or have featured in the media, so that we can direct any further relevant queries to you and promote the coverage via UCL communications channels. Equally, please feel free to contact us if you require help or advice on handling a media query.