Comment and opinion
- Heavy drinking and smoking in middle age accelerates cognitive decline
- The Royal baby, the rules of succession, and the realms
- Why ignorant racists still flourish in multicultural Italy
- If you want to be a Dragon you need fire in your belly
- How a 200-year-old mummy can reveal secrets of tuberculosis
- Is it time for nuclear energy for Australia?
- Why mammals prefer to have just one sexual partner
- Quacktitioner Royal is a menace to the constitution and public health
- August 2013
- September 2013
- October 2013
- November 2013
Call us: +44 (0)20 7679 9041
The UCL Media Relations team is the university’s central press office.
We connect journalists to expert academics and promote UCL research and teaching throughout the global media.
Heavy drinking and smoking in middle age accelerates cognitive decline
12 July 2013
The Combination of both heavy drinking and smoking in midlife can accelerate cognitive decline, writes Dr Gareth Hagger-Johnson, UCL Epidemiology & Public Health on The Conversation.