Comment and opinion
- June 2013
- July 2013
- August 2013
- September 2013
- October 2013
- Decoding the girl declaration
- How U.S. shutdown could shake global economy
- There’s much more to IQ than biology and DNA
- Tea Party Republicans fail to learn the lessons of 1995
- What will we call the next generation of astronauts? Holidaymakers…
- Palaeoanthropology: Small-brained and big-mouthed
- November 2013
- December 2013
- January 2014
- February 2014
- March 2014
Call us: +44 (0)20 7679 9041
The UCL Media Relations team is the university’s central press office.
We connect journalists to expert academics and promote UCL research and teaching throughout the global media.
Tea Party Republicans fail to learn the lessons of 1995
18 October 2013
Sanity has prevailed in the US, at least temporarily. For now, the threat of America’s first ever debt default has receded. But we may be back in the same territory in early 2014 as the US treasury is only authorised to engage in further borrowing until February, writes Professor Iwan Morgan (UCL Institute of the Americas) in The Conversation.