Comment and opinion
- June 2013
- July 2013
- August 2013
- September 2013
- Barack Obama’s constitutional contortions over Syria
- Scoff now, but you’re probably getting a smartwatch
- The Olympics go downtown for Tokyo 2020
- Britain should stay in the EU … for science
- Story of antipsychotics is one of myth and misrepresentation
- Oh great, Facebook wants to know you’re being sarcastic
- Why The Sopranos may not be the best business model for universities
- Can Russia prosecute Greenpeace protestors over the Arctic Sunrise?
- October 2013
- November 2013
- December 2013
- January 2014
- February 2014
- March 2014
Call us: +44 (0)20 7679 9041
The UCL Media Relations team is the university’s central press office.
We connect journalists to expert academics and promote UCL research and teaching throughout the global media.
Scoff now, but you’re probably getting a smartwatch
9 September 2013
The tech wars took a major swerve into the leftfield this week. No longer content with updating their phone offerings, companies have come over all James Bond in the hope of hitting upon the next big innovation. While one of the biggest presences in technology busies itself with Google Glass, its rivals are looking to our wrists. Samsung has, in the past few days beaten Apple to be the first to unveil a “smartwatch” and Sony is not far behind. It has worked in this field for some time but is preparing to make its Smartwatch 2 available some time this month in a bid to take on Samsung. Writes Dr Matthew Higgs (UCL Dep of Statistical Science) in The Conversation.