Mecheng News Publication
- Lecturer Dr Vanessa Diaz: Appointed Chair of the Science, Engineering & Technology panel
- Bright Club - Are bio-fuels funny?
- Mark Miodownik: Stuff Matters review
- 2013 UCL Bright Ideas Awards
- Royal Academy of Engineering Rooke Medal
- In vivo preclinical stage started for the Triskele UCL Transcatheter Aortic Valve
- Formula Student 2013
- Macromolecular Rapid Communications
- Osborne Reynolds Research Student award
- Mr Santiago Suárez De La Fuente wins IMarEST Stanley Gray Fellowship 24 July 2013
- Senior Promotions for 2013
- Cell Electrospinning featured on BBC World News
- An encapsulated drug delivery system for recalcitrant urinary tract infection
- James Cook wins the first Parmigiani Spirit Award
- Prof Edirisinghe scoops third Royal Society award
- Event: "Lost in Translation" Tuesday November 19, 13:00
- Coastal storm talk online
- What's in a SNAME?
- What do you get an engineer for Christmas?
- Meet Helen Czerski, Bubble Scientist
- On the road again: UCL Racing 2014 seeks drivers
- Mark Miodownik: Bye bye brolly
- "Super-hydrophobic?" Meet Dr Manish K Tiwari
- "and the winner is..." researchers Sherwood and Nithyanandan pick up prizes
- In pictures: SET for Britain 2014
- New device for four-layered macromolecular particles invented
- Limitless: An interview with Professor Yiannis Ventikos
- Major changes to global shipping needed to reduce emissions
- UCL’s Media Communicator of the Year (Broadcast) is…
- MechEng undergraduates storm the UK top ten
- The passing of John Inns
- Six days, seven nights: my week as a Royal Navy submariner by Lucy Collins
- Usher shines amongst Chinese stars
- UCL team look to the future with new eco marathon entry
- Watching stressful movies triggers changes to your heartbeat
- Helen Czerski: Low carbon flight on the horizon?
- MechEng researcher/alumni scoop prestigious international naval awards
- James Cook awarded for his Bright Idea
- "Computational Biomedicine" a Q&A with Dr Vanessa Diaz
- The future of mitral valve surgery?
- Israfil's nano-delight
- Event: 'Animals and Engineers: learning from nature.'
- Academic promotions 2014
- Event: Micro and Nano Flows Conference 2014
- UCL MechEng to research ultra efficient engines in £6m EPSRC projects
- Jaguar Land Rover invests £1m in engine combustion research project
- Mark Miodownik’s excellent week
- MUSE team wins Marie Curie ‘blue skies’ research funding
- Biomaterials EPSRC hat-trick to help launch academic careers
- Stuff really matters: Mark Miodownik wins Royal Society Winton Prize for Science Books
- REF 2014: The impact behind the power
- Prized naval architect Jeom Kee Paik joins UCL MechEng team
- Cover story: "Creating optically tunable protein bubbles..."
- Royal Navy honours Dan Hall with YARD Prize
- The new Pindelski-Barrack Bursary: Alumni fund places for MechEng undergraduates
- Dr Paul Hellier: Fuelling the Future
- Dr Sunthar Mahalingam wins international young researcher award
- Leverhulme Fellowship allows Vanessa Diaz to "imagine the impossible"
- Professor Paik claims William Froude Medal for Naval Architecture
- Review paper on engineering micro-organisms for designer fuels production
- UCL MechEng students head to Rotterdam with a Euro vision
- MechEng undergrads to mentor local schools in global STEM initiative
- Cover story: “Coupling Infusion and Gyration for the Nanoscale Assembly of Functional Polymer Nanofibers..."
- US National Academies laud Mark Miodownik's "Stuff Matters"
- Professor Edirisinghe appointed as fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering
- Ship Design Team awarded Five Year $500,000 Grant
- Understanding the physics of pancakes to save sight
- Mark Miodownik receives AAAS Public Engagement with Science Award
- Alimohammadi claims best medical engineering thesis prize
- Reinventing toothpaste with nanotechnology: The future of oral health formulations
- Professor Shervanthi Homer-Vanniasinkam joins UCL Mechanical Engineering
- UCL collaboration wins 2016 Rosetrees prize
- Research grant to design antimicrobial filters awarded
- First cover article for biomaterials research student Xu
- Academics Diaz, Ducci, Greig and Jayasinghe promoted
- Interview: Dr Mona Alimohammadi winner of the ImechE UK best thesis
The passing of John Inns
30 April 2014
UCL Mechanical Engineering regrets to announce the passing of a longstanding member of our technical staff, Mr John Inns.
John worked with the department for over 30 years, after joining in 1981. He made excellent contributions to the mechanical engineering workshop in particular and to all our activities. John started at UCL mainly as a model maker for the Santa Fe offshore consultancy group and later for the Naval Architecture group.
Highly skilled in manufacturing and installation works for our research laboratories and groups, John was also the lead technician on the successful 2007 Solarfox project that travelled across Australia. The Solarfox vehicle is currently on display in the café area of the UCL engineering front building.
John will be sorely missed by his colleagues and the department has paid condolences to his family. He is pictured here (on the far right) working on UCL’s Shell Mileage Marathon entry in 1982.
To honour his memory, the family has requested donations to the British Lung Foundaton
Page last modified on 30 apr 14 10:24