Marie Curie Core funded work
Palliative care in children and young people (Emma Beecham)
- Advance Care Planning for Children and Young People with Life-Limiting Conditions and Life-Limiting Illness: Parents’ Experiences in Planning for their Child’s Care and Treatment. A qualitative interview study exploring the experiences of bereaved parents and parents with children currently using the palliative care service at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH). This is a project involving collaborators from: Louis Dundas Centre for Children’s Palliative Care and MCPCRU situated within University College London (UCL), the palliative care team at GOSH, UCLH Palliative Care Team and the University of California San Francisco.
- Pharmacological interventions for pain in children and adolescents with life-limiting conditions: A Cochrane Systematic Review. This review involves collaborators from Louis Dundas Centre for Children’s Palliative Care and MCPCRU situated within UCL, palliative care team at GOSH, Department of Anaesthesia in GOSH and Evelina London Children's Hospital.
Systematic reviews (Bridget Candy)
- Updating of systematic review of psychostimulants for depression (lead reviewer). We undertook and published 2008 in the Cochrane library a systematic review on psychostimulants for depression. Since then new evidence has become available. We have now updated our 2008 review and have prepared a paper for consideration for peer review publication.
- Updating of systematic review of interventions for sexual dysfunction following treatments for cancer (lead reviewer). We undertook and published in 2008 in the Cochrane library a systematic review of interventions for sexual dysfunction following treatments for cancer. Since then new evidence has become available. We are now updating the review.
Non cancer (Dr Joe Low, Sarah Davis)
- The provision of end of life care for people with advanced liver disease (ALD) in the last 12 month of life (Principal Investigator - Joe Low; Co-investigator Sarah Davis). Rapid Participatory Appraisal approach involving a case-note review of 30 patients, economic analysis and focus groups/interviews with the following groups: liver health professionals, general practitioners, people with ALD and their families. This project involves collaboration from researchers at the MCPCRU and clinical experts from the Royal Free Liver team and the Royal Free Palliative Care team.
Page last modified on 30 sep 13 15:58