- Promotions and New Appointments
- MAPS Faculty Teaching Awards 2012
- Geometry and Topology Open Day, 14 November 2012
- Promotions and New Appointments - October 2012
- Maths Grants May 2013
- MAPS Academics Commended for Teaching Quality
- Provost's Spirit of Enterprise Award 2013
- Welcome to New Staff, Summer 2013
- New Weekly Programming Club for mathematics and statistics students and staff
- National Student Survey 2013
- Peter Higgs Awarded Nobel Prize
National Student Survey 2013
8 October 2013
The Department of Mathematics is delighted by the results of the National Student Survey (NSS) 2013. The overall satisfaction of our students is 96%, which ranks us as the 4th best department at UCL and much higher than the average for Mathematics & Statistics over all of the UK (89%).
We rank higher in overall satisfaction than Mathematics & Statistics at the Universities of Cambridge, Warwick, Bristol, Edinburgh and Manchester and Imperial College and King's College.
Our students evaluate as excellent our teaching (90%), academic support (85%), organisation and management (93%), showing a steady improvement in all these areas for the last 5 years with scores in these areas higher than the average Mathematics department in the UK. The students are also happy with their personal development in constantly increasing numbers.
A full 100% of our BSc Maths students are overall satisfied with the course and find our staff enthusiastic about teaching and 99% of the students find that our staff are easily approachable.
The survey includes the responses of 141 students graduating in 2013 with a degree in Mathematical sciences.
We would like to thank our students for acknowledging our work and we promise to continue to work hard to maintain, and improve on, this level of performance.
Page last modified on 08 oct 13 14:04