- Prospective Students
- Graduate Students
- Courses & Modules
- Alumnus Activity
- Inaugural Lectures
- Other Events
- The Dynamics of Rotating Fluids Meeting 2015
- The Dynamics of Rotating Fluids
- Workshop: Computational complex analysis for free surface flows and other applications, 20-22 April 2015
- Department & Sub-Divisions
- Find Us
- Women In Mathematics
- Athena SWAN
- Staff Intranet
- Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- London School of Geometry and Number Theory (LSGNT)
EPSRC award offers new PhD opportunities in pure mathematics
- UCL Mathematics and Statistical Science 5th in league table for UK mathematics departments
- Helen Wilson and Mark Ronan comment on the Fields Medal 2014
The Dynamics of Rotating Fluids Meeting 2011
Friday 7 January 2011
A meeting on the above theme will be held on Friday 7 January 2011 in Room 500 (5th floor of the Mathematics/Students Union building). The programme is as follows:
1.20pm Peter Read (Oxford)
Experiments on geostrophic turbulence and convection on a beta plane: jets and vortices.
1.40pm Andrew Stewart (Oxford)
The role of the complete Coriolis force in cross-equatorial abyssal ocean currents.
2.00pm Paul Williams (Reading)
Testing the limits of quasi-geostrophic theory.
2.20pm David Marshall (Oxford)
A constraint on the magnitude and structure of eddy potential vorticity fluxes.
2.40pm Victor Shrira (Keele)
Non-stationary columnar motions in rotating stratified Boussinesq fluids. Exact Eulerian and Lagrangian description.
3.40pm Vladimir Zeitlin (LMD, Paris)
Coherent multipolar structures in rotating shallow water.
4.10pm Darryl Holm (Imperial)
Gradient Lamb vector and gradient PV dynamics of rotating incompressible fluids.
4.40pm Jonathan Healey (Keele)
Global instability of flow over a rotating disc.
- Please click here for information about previous 'Dynamics of Rotating Fluids' Meetings
- Return to 'Other Events' page
Page last modified on 14 nov 12 14:06