- Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- London School of Geometry and Number Theory (LSGNT)
EPSRC award offers new PhD opportunities in pure mathematics
- Helen Wilson and Adam Townsend publish a paper on 'The Physics of Chocolate Fountains'
UCL Department of Mathematics
1. Dr Ed Segal currently at Imperial has been awarded a 5-year ERC Consolidator grant which will bring him to UCL from Sept 2017, together with two postdocs and a PhD student. This is a major achievement and we look forward to welcoming Ed to the department next autumn. Please click here for more iformation.
2. Congratulations to Kavinda Jayawardana (Mathematical theory of shells on elastic foundations: an analysis of boundary forms, constraints and applications to friction and skin abrasion; supervised by Nick Ovenden) and Huda Ramli (Stochastic trajectory modelling of atmospheric dispersion; supervised by Gavin Esler) on the their recent successful PhD vivas.
3. Recent EPSRC grant successes: congratulations to Jonny Evans on funding for the project ''Singularities and symplectic topology'' and to Erik Burman for the project ''Geometrically unfitted finite element methods for inverse identification of geometries and shape optimization.''
4. Congraultions to Sarah Zerbes who has been elected Member-at-Large of the London Mathematical Society. Please click here for more information.
Published: Dec 9, 2016 10:48:07 AM
1. Many congratulations to Sam Brown (supervisor Henry Wilton) for recently having had a successful PhD viva. Sam's thesis was on ''Geometric structures on negatively curved groups and their subgroups''.
2. Congratulations to Gavin Esler for his award of a NERC Industrial CASE Studentship: ''Multi-scale mathematics applied to convective parameterisation schemes''.
3. Congratulations to Michael Singer on his appointment to the EPSRC Strategic Advisory Team for mathematical sciences. The present make-up of the SAT can be found here.
4. Rod Halburd is now the 'IMA Academic Representative' for the department. More...
Published: Nov 14, 2016 9:53:34 AM