Picture of the Week
The kind of matter and energy we can see and touch – whether it is in the form of atoms and molecules, or heat and light, only forms a tiny proportion of the content of the Universe, only about 5%. Over a quarter is dark matter, which is totally invisible but whose gravitational attraction can be detected; while over two thirds is dark energy, a force that pushes the Universe to expand ever faster.
Careers Week: 27-31 May 2013
UCL Careers Service is running a week of careers events for UCL students graduating this summer.
UCL Jobs Market 2013
Thursday 30th May - 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Sponsored by Colas Rail
Come and meet 45 recruiting organisations with jobs and internships for a 2013 start.
From big prestigious graduate schemes with places still to fill, to smaller organisations and recruitment agencies offering a diverse variety of graduate jobs within finance, consulting, engineering, technology, media, sales and marketing and the not-for-profit sectors.
A full list of participating organisations will be posted closer to the event date but recruiters so far confirmed include: Bloomberg, BAE Systems, Barnardos, Oliver Wyman, PwC, Frontier Economics and P&G
The Technology Entrepreneur Event
Wednesday 29th May 2013 - 5.30pm to 7.30pm
This event will feature Small and medium sized employers from the technology sector with a wide range of jobs, internships and placement opportunities. If you haven’t secured an internship or job this event is a MUST for you.
If you are looking for something refreshing and different from the norm, then put this date in your diaries! Employers confirmed include; Orion Web Technologies, Growth Intelligence, and Silicon Milkroundabout.
Tuesday 28th May:
- Careers workshop: How to approach life after UCL and market yourself on a CV
- Careers workshop: Making the most of UCL Jobs Market 2013 - How to network with employers
Wednesday 29th May:
- Skills event: “Polished Presence – Skills for the Workplace” hosted by Bloomberg (organised by the UCL Women in Management society)
- Employer recruitment: Technology & entrepreneur event – Meet small and medium-sized businesses with jobs/ internships for a 2013 start
Thursday 30th May:
- Employer event: How to use recruitment agencies
- Employer recruitment: The Jobs Market 2013 (sponsored by Colas Rail)
Friday 31st May:
- Careers workshop: Using Social media to improve your job search
- Careers workshop: Succeeding at interviews
>> For more information, and to book your place at any of these events, visit the Careers Service website <<
Page last modified on 24 jun 13 15:14