Picture of the Week
Discovering the physics and chemistry of the cosmos is different to carrying out experiments in the lab. In the lab, samples can be tested, experiments can be repeated, and if anything looks odd, you can always look from another angle to see if it's just a trick of perspective. For astronomers, none of this is possible: the only information they have is in the light that reaches their telescopes. More...
Careers Week: 27-31 May 2013
UCL Careers Service is running a week of careers events for UCL students graduating this summer.
UCL Jobs Market 2013
Thursday 30th May - 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Sponsored by Colas Rail
Come and meet 45 recruiting organisations with jobs and internships for a 2013 start.
From big prestigious graduate schemes with places still to fill, to smaller organisations and recruitment agencies offering a diverse variety of graduate jobs within finance, consulting, engineering, technology, media, sales and marketing and the not-for-profit sectors.
A full list of participating organisations will be posted closer to the event date but recruiters so far confirmed include: Bloomberg, BAE Systems, Barnardos, Oliver Wyman, PwC, Frontier Economics and P&G
The Technology Entrepreneur Event
Wednesday 29th May 2013 - 5.30pm to 7.30pm
This event will feature Small and medium sized employers from the technology sector with a wide range of jobs, internships and placement opportunities. If you haven’t secured an internship or job this event is a MUST for you.
If you are looking for something refreshing and different from the norm, then put this date in your diaries! Employers confirmed include; Orion Web Technologies, Growth Intelligence, and Silicon Milkroundabout.
Tuesday 28th May:
- Careers workshop: How to approach life after UCL and market yourself on a CV
- Careers workshop: Making the most of UCL Jobs Market 2013 - How to network with employers
Wednesday 29th May:
- Skills event: “Polished Presence – Skills for the Workplace” hosted by Bloomberg (organised by the UCL Women in Management society)
- Employer recruitment: Technology & entrepreneur event – Meet small and medium-sized businesses with jobs/ internships for a 2013 start
Thursday 30th May:
- Employer event: How to use recruitment agencies
- Employer recruitment: The Jobs Market 2013 (sponsored by Colas Rail)
Friday 31st May:
- Careers workshop: Using Social media to improve your job search
- Careers workshop: Succeeding at interviews
>> For more information, and to book your place at any of these events, visit the Careers Service website <<
Page last modified on 24 jun 13 15:14