UCL Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Faculty homepage
- About the Faculty
- Departments and Institutes
- Current students
- Prospective students
- Natural Sciences degree
- Communicate your research
- Staff Intranet
Picture of the Week
As the Dark Energy Survey begins its second year of observations, UCL scientists are at the forefront of its science programme. This week's 'Picture of the Week' is galaxy NGC 1398, snapped during the survey's observations.
What can the faculty office offer?
There are many ways of engaging with the public around your work.
The MAPS faculty office can help staff and students with many kinds of public engagement by providing support, facilities, expertise and publicity.
Working with you, we can:
- Write and distribute press releases (in collaboration with UCL Media Relations)
- Take, process, publish and distribute photos and research images
- Film, produce, edit and publish short videos and interviews
- Publicise papers and research projects
- Organise events
- Offer advice and guidance on using resources elsewhere at UCL (publication design, marketing, photography, video editing, etc)
The faculty office can help as much or as little as is
required – we recognise that some academics already have considerable media
experience and will need little hand-holding, while others are less familiar.
Useful resources elsewhere on the web
- UCL Media Relations
- UCL Creative Media Services (design, video and photography)
- UCL Public Engagement Unit
- UCL Graduate School / Science and Technology Studies science communication workshops
Page last modified on 04 apr 13 12:49