Your gift in action
- Jeremy prepares for Xtreme Everest expedition
- Innovation at the Institute of Making
- Louise's story - Impact Studentship
- Two ‘Lucky Dogs’: From a five minute film to a four month adventure
- Alumni giving supports rising sports stars
- Celebrating student support
- Hosting our first Paralympic Sports Taster Day thanks to your support!
- Redevelopment of Lewis's Building supported by alumni and friends
- Galton's Kantsaywhere
- Helping to rebuild Haiti
- Grant Museum of Zoology becomes 21st century ‘museum laboratory’
- UCL Laws mooting teams able to attend prestigious competitions
- Alumni and friends help UCL research healthier cities
- UCL alumni: the lifeline that helped me reach my potential
- Supporting women's health and international development in Malawi
- Helping communities in Peru to construct their future
- UCL alumni and friends raising the bar
- New uses for old spaces
- "I am so grateful"
- Enhancing the student experience
- Help a student with financial concerns
Help a student with financial concerns
8 October 2010
There are over 20,000 students from nearly 140 countries at
UCL. Educated by exceptional, dedicated teachers, they experience a
dynamic learning environment in one of the world’s most exciting cities.
It’s a demanding place to study – but for some it’s not just the
academic work that is a challenge. The cost of being at university can
prove overwhelming and each year there are students who would not be
able to remain at UCL without financial assistance.
Rebecca Burns (Speech Sciences, year 2) receives a scholarship which she says is incredibly important for her:“My loans and grants barely cover my living costs. I have a job which helps, but towards exam time I didn’t want to have to work long hours, yet I’d have worried about money if I didn’t. The scholarship takes a weight off my shoulders and means I can make the most of my time here.”
can help other students in Rebecca’s situation, making sure that the
only challenge they face is how to make the most of the opportunities
available to them at UCL.