- Investigating the demographic history of various populations and ethnic
groups in Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
- Assaying functionally relevant drug metabolising enzyme gene variation in
- Investigating the evolution of lactase persistence in Europe, Asia and
Africa using genetic and phenotypic data, ancient DNA and computer simulation
- Examining the effects of past social structures on the distribution of
modern genetic variation using computer simulations.
- Identification and date estimation of genomic events since the human /
- Quantifying the effects of demographic parameters (population density, group
size, migration activity) on the accumulation of culturally inherited traits.
- Developing methods to estimate parameters affecting changes in the
frequencies of material culture artefacts.
- Ancient DNA from various extinct mammalian species.