Invited Seminar Speakers:
20. May 2013: Nate Goehring, London Research Institute, "Pattern formation in the C.elegans embryo - a biophysical approach"
13. May 2013: Patricia Salinas, UCL, "Synapse assembly and disassembly: a role for WNT signaling"
22. Apr 2013: Andy Oates, UCL NIMR, "On the origin of the kinematic waves of the zebra fish segmentation clock"
18. Mar 2013: Robin Ali, Institute of Ophtalmology, UCL, "Gene and Cell Therapy for retinal degenerations"
14. Mar 2013: Wes Sundquist, University of Utah, "The ESCRT pathway in HIV budding and Cell Division"
11. Mar 2013: Steve Smerdon, NIMR, "Glueing together the DNA damage response"
05. Mar 2013: Frances Brodsky, UCSF School of Pharmacy, "Clathrin Function in Membrane Traffic, Metabolism, Mitosis and Migration"
25. Feb 2013: Erez Raz, Institute for Cell Biology, ZMBE, Munster, "Motility and directed migration of primordial germ cells in zebrafish."
18. Feb 2013: Rachel Kraut, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, "Sphingolipid metabolism and neurodegeneration in flies"
11. Feb 2013: Carmen Birchmeier, Max-Delbrueck Centre for Molecular Medicine Berlin, "Neuregulin/ErbB signaling in the nervous system"
04. Feb 2013: Rainer Pepperkok, EMBL Heidelberg, "High content / high throughput microscopy to study organelle biogenesis and membrane traffic"
28. Jan 2013: Sylvie Urbe, University of Liverpool, "Control of cellular dynamics by reversible ubiquitylation"
14. Jan 2013: Ricardo Henriques, Institut Pasteur, "A nanoscale view into cells through super-resolution microscopy"
11. Dec 2012 :Florian Engert, Ph.D, Harvard University BioLabs, "Neuroscience in the Matrix: sensory motor processing in the larval zebrafish"
19. Nov 2012: Dr. Anna Philpott, University of Cambridge, “Cell cycle regulation of differentiation in the developing nervous system”
5. Nov 2012: Professor Suzanne Eaton, Max Planck Institute, Dresden, "Lipoproteins and signaling lipids in the Hedgehog pathway"
5. Nov 2012: Professor Andreas Mayer,Department of Biochemistry University of Lausanne, "The interplay of SNAREs and proteolipids in membrane fusion", at 12.00 noon
22. Oct 2012: Gregoire Michaux, The Institute of Genetics and Development of Rennes (IGDR),"Apical trafficking and polarity maintenance in C. elegans epithelial cells"
11. Oct 2012: Dr. Oliver Florey, "Engulfed dead or alive: A role for autophagy proteins in macroendocytosis"
08. Oct 2012: Dr Ulrike Eggert, King's College London, "A chemical approach to understanding cell division"
20. Sep 2012: Dr Silvia Santos, Stanford School of Medicine,"Spatial temporal control principles in cell decision making"
03. May 2012: Christopher Stefan, Cornell University New York, "Making Connections - Regulation of PIP Signaling at Organelle Contact Sites"
09. May 2012: Katrin Deinhardt, Skirball Institute New York, "Shaping Neurons - Differential Actions of pro- versus Mature BDNF"
14. May 2012: Adrian Bird, The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology Edinburgh, "The Molecular Basis of Rett Syndrome"
28. May 2012: Sharon Tooze, London Research Institute, "Novel regulators of mammalian autophagy"
11. June 2012: Dr Abdul Kaidi, "The role of Lysine acetylene in the maintenance of genome stability"
18. June 2012: Dr Emmanuel Boucrot, Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology UCL, "Endocytosis during mitosis: more surprises"
26. June 2012: Dr Paul Duprex, Boston University School
of Medicine and National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories,
“Virus eradication: a reality, a redundant concept, a risk? Manipulating
polymerases as means to mitigate zoonotic threats”
27. June 2012: Dr Yanlan Mao, CRUK London Research Institute, "Getting in Shape: in vivo and in silico studies of tissue growth control"
11. July 2012: Professor Joan Steitz, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, " Noncoding RNAs: with a viral twist "
16. July 2012: Silvia Santos, Stanford University, "Spatial positive feedback at the onset of mitosis"
18. July 2012: Dr Matyas Gorjancz, EMBL European Molecular Biology Laboratory,"Coordination of kinase and phosphatase activities during mitosis"
31. July 2012: Andrew Chisolm, UCSD, "Calcium signaling in C. elegans epidermal wound healing"
17. Sep 2012: Ulrich Tepass, Department of Cell and
Systems Biology, University of Toronto, "Novel insights into adhesion
and polarity of Drosophila epithelia"