- About Us
- Research Domains
- Degree Programmes
- Undergraduate Programmes
- Masters Programmes
- Research Programmes
- Research Departments
- Staff Intranet
- Student Intranet
- Support Us
- Faculty Contacts
- Find Us
HCSCRS05: Developing a Research Methodology
- To develop understanding of more specialist research methodologies appropriate for individual research projects.
- To develop skills of data analysis.
- To equip students with skills to write research proposals, apply for funding and ethical approval.
By the end of this module students are expected to be able to:
- Critically appraise the advantages and limitations of 3 research methodologies
- Analyse data to be collected for their research project
- Write a full research proposal
- Complete an application for ethical approval
- Complete an application for research funding
Formative assessments: Submission of application for ethical approval; Completion of application for notional research funding.
Summative assessment: Written assignment of 5000 words: a critical analysis of a methodology within the field of study of the student's research project.
Page last modified on 09 sep 11 18:22 by Kea E Young