This five-day practical CPD course covers popular topics in aesthetic dentistry.
It's held over five consecutive days (i.e. one full week) and includes hands-on tuition every day.
The course aims to introduce step-by-step clinical procedures, materials and treatment planning concepts on the following topics:
- Occlusal records
- Dental photography
- Preparations for anterior veneers and crowns
- Direct composite restorations (anterior and posterior)
- Atraumatic extraction, site preservation and anterior crown lengthening
- Cementation of etchable ceramics
This course is run by the UCL Eastman Dental Institute in London which has a broad range of continuing professional development (CPD) short courses. These provide hands-on training from experienced staff in dedicated facilities.
You'll learn about the following areas:
- Aesthetic smile evaluation, pre-treatment case documentation, treatment planning
- Occlusal records for the aesthetic case (casts, face-bows, interocclusal registration, semi-adjustable articulators)
- Dental photography
- Anterior and posterior composite restorations/adhesive dentistry
- Ceramic restorations: veneers and crowns
- Aesthetic metal-ceramic crowns and bridges
- Aesthetic periodontics: anterior crown lengthening, extraction-site preservation
- Aesthetics cements and cementation techniques for ceramic restorations
- Interdisciplinary treatment planning for complex aesthetic problems
Who this course is for
The course is aimed at dentists at any stage of their career.
You may be:
- an established dentist wanting to refresh your knowledge and skills in new techniques
- a young dentist wanting to build your abilities
You must hold an approved dental qualification.
CPD points and certificate
The course will give you 32.5 hours of verifiable CPD. You'll also get a certificate of attendance.
By the end of the course you should have:
- an improved knowledge of the principles and practice of aesthetic dentistry, including direct and indirect restorations
- an improved ability to carry out the practical procedures relevant in aesthetic dentistry
- an improved understanding in the integration of different dental disciplines to produce superior aesthetic outcomes
Structure and teaching
You'll learn through a combination of:
- 50% lectures, interactive seminars, treatment planning
- 50% skills laboratory and clinic hands-on training.
There will be ample phantom head practice of clinical procedures and video demonstrations, as well as clinic practice of records and photography and a review of current literature.
The fees for 2017 are £1,650.
The fees for 2018 are £1,730.
All Eastman teachers are experienced professionals. You’ll be asked to submit written feedback via a questionnaire at the end of the course, which is used to monitor the course's quality of teaching and value for money.
Please read the Eastman's refunds policy before booking.
Sign up for short course announcements: Subscribe to the UCL Life Learning newsletter to receive news and updates on courses in your chosen area. (For updates on a specific course, contact the administrator - see 'Contact information'.)
Dr Konstantina Dina Dedi
Konstantina Dina Dedi is the Director of Aesthetic Dentistry Programmes and a Principal Clinical Teaching Fellow at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute, where she teaches postgraduates in the fields of prosthodontics, aesthetic and implant dentistry. She was awarded a Specialty Degree in Prosthodontics (Fixed, Removable and Implant Prosthodontics) in 1997 from the University of Missouri- Kansas City.
Prior to her current appointment, she taught for nine years at the University of North Carolina USA as a Clinical Assistant Professor in Prosthodontics, Removable Clinics Director and also as director of the ITI Implant Prosthodontic Scholarship Program. She has presented numerous lectures and continuing education courses in U.S.A., Europe and the Middle East on anterior aesthetics and immediate loading of dental implants.
In 2002 she was awarded the prestigious “Diplomate” status from the American Board of Prosthodontics. (Only recipients of this award are eligible to become Programme Directors in Prosthodontic Specialty training Programmes in American Universities). In 2007 she was presented with an Honorary Visiting Professorship from the State Medical and Pharmaceutical University “Nicolae Testemitsanu” of the Republic of Moldova. She has been elected a Fellow of the International Team for Implantology (ITI) and the American College of Prosthodontics (ACP), one of only a few dentists in the UK to have this award.
Course information last modified: 28 Jul 2017, 13:17