We don't have a date for this course yet. Please contact Kate Marr to register your interest.
This five-day course covers popular topics in aesthetic restorative dentistry.
It aims to introduce step-by-step clinical procedures, materials and treatment planning concepts on the following topics:
- Preparations for anterior veneers and crowns
- Direct composite restorations (anterior and posterior)
- Aesthetic metal-ceramic crowns and bridges
- Tooth whitening and sensitivity management
- Cementation of etchable ceramics
The course runs over five days (one per month, spread over five months) and includes hands-on tuition each day.
This course is run by the UCL Eastman Dental Institute in London which has a broad range of continuing professional development (CPD) short courses. These provide hands-on training from experienced staff in dedicated facilities.
The course is structured as follows:
Day one - Direct composite resin restorations
- Composite restorations
- Anterior and posterior direct composites: the step-by-step approach
- Direct composite restorations using matrix-assisted layering and characterisation techniques
- Finishing and polishing composite restorations
Day two - Anterior all-ceramic crowns and veneers: all-ceramic materials and preparation designs
- Introduction to dental ceramic materials
- All-ceramic crowns/veneers and treatment planning
- Anterior tooth preparations for all-ceramic restorations
Day three - Aesthetic tooth whitening and direct temporaries
- Tooth whitening
- Management of post-whitening sensitivity
- Tray fabrication
- Anterior tooth temporisation
- Aesthetic anterior temporary prostheses
Day four - Cementation of all-ceramic restorations and interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Cementation of all-ceramic restorations
- Introduction to immediate dentin sealing
- Cementation of all-ceramic crowns and veneers
Day five - Aesthetic metal ceramics and interdisciplinary treatment planning cases
- Anterior metal-ceramics: evaluation and treatment considerations
- Treatment planning
- Assessed tooth preparation exercise
- Review session
Who this course is for
The course is for dentists.
You must hold a recognised dental qualification.
CPD points and certificate
The course will give you 32.5 hours of verifiable CPD. You'll also get a certificate of attendance.
Dates and times
Each day will run approximately 9:30am - 5pm.
Course dates are:
- Tuesday 31 October 2017
- Tuesday 5 December 2017
- Tuesday 23 January 2018
- Tuesday 20 February 2018
- Tuesday 20 March 2018
Structure and teaching
You'll learn through a combination of:
- 50% lectures, interactive seminars, treatment planning
- 50% skills laboratory and clinic hands-on training
There will be ample phantom head practice of clinical procedures, video demonstrations of live patient treatment and a review of current literature.
By the end of the course you should have:
- improved knowledge of the principles and practice of aesthetic dentistry, including direct and indirect restorations
- improved ability in the practical procedures relevant in aesthetic dentistry
- improved understanding of integrating different dental disciplines to produce superior aesthetic outcomes
All Eastman teachers are experienced professionals. You’ll be asked to submit written feedback via a questionnaire at the end of the course, which is used to monitor the course's quality of teaching and value for money.
Please read the Eastman's refunds policy before booking.
Sign up for short course announcements: Subscribe to the UCL Life Learning newsletter to receive news and updates on courses in your chosen area. (For updates on a specific course, contact the administrator - see 'Contact information'.)
Dr Konstantina Dina Dedi
Konstantina Dina Dedi is the Director of Aesthetic Dentistry Programmes and a Principal Clinical Teaching Fellow at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute, where she teaches postgraduates in the fields of prosthodontics, aesthetic and implant dentistry. She was awarded a Specialty Degree in Prosthodontics (Fixed, Removable and Implant Prosthodontics) in 1997 from the University of Missouri- Kansas City.
Prior to her current appointment, she taught for nine years at the University of North Carolina USA as a Clinical Assistant Professor in Prosthodontics, Removable Clinics Director and also as director of the ITI Implant Prosthodontic Scholarship Program. She has presented numerous lectures and continuing education courses in U.S.A., Europe and the Middle East on anterior aesthetics and immediate loading of dental implants.
In 2002 she was awarded the prestigious “Diplomate” status from the American Board of Prosthodontics. (Only recipients of this award are eligible to become Programme Directors in Prosthodontic Specialty training Programmes in American Universities). In 2007 she was presented with an Honorary Visiting Professorship from the State Medical and Pharmaceutical University “Nicolae Testemitsanu” of the Republic of Moldova. She has been elected a Fellow of the International Team for Implantology (ITI) and the American College of Prosthodontics (ACP), one of only a few dentists in the UK to have this award.
Course information last modified: 20 Jan 2017, 15:17