UCL biomedical and health libraries offer training and services to NHS staff at UCL’s associated NHS Trusts to support you in patient care, clinical audit and guideline development, keeping up to date, research or teaching activities. Contact your library for further information on any of these services or to arrange an individual appointment.
Further information on membership, resources and additional services to NHS staff is available on the NHS pages.
Training takes place on a group or individual basis. Sessions may be timetabled or arranged on demand. In addition to sessions offered throughout UCL’s libraries, we also offer sessions specifically targeted at NHS staff. These include:
- Library inductions and orientations
- Searching databases available to NHS staff such as Medline, Embase, Cinahl, PsycINFO
- Searching evidence-based resources and clinical decision tools eg. NICE Evidence, The Cochrane Library, UpToDate and Best Practice
- Support for searching for systematic reviews
- Critical appraisal skills and journal club support
- Reference management and bibliographic software
Tutorials on searching Explore and medical databases (Embase, PsycINFO, PubMed, Scopus, Web of Science) and using EndNote. All provided by the UCL Great Ormond Institute of Child Health Library.
Upcoming training sessions
For full information on upcoming sessions at your library, see the webpages for that library.
Learn how to gather, manage and format references using this free reference management software product.
Starts: Dec 14, 2017 10:00:00 AM
We can assist you with literature searches to ensure you are searching the correct resources effectively. Some libraries also offer literature searching services where we will undertake searches for you.
Arrange an individual tailored consultation at your library to get support for all your information needs.