Guides and elearning
Our guides and online support material provide introductory information to enable you to use UCL's libraries and online resources and allow self-directed learning on all aspects of finding and using information.
- Guides to using UCL Libraries
- Finding books, etc.
- Finding journals
- Finding material for essays, dissertations and theses
- Library essentials for staff
- Library services for UCL students with a disability
- Library site maps
- Other libraries for UCL staff and students
- Printing your work
- Saving to a memory stick from the Explore Access Point
- SFX service
- Special Collections Guide
- Stores Service
- Subject Locations
- Using the inter-library loan service
- Wireless access in the Library (from ISD website)
- Searching skills
- Reference management
EndNote NEWS UPDATE: There is currently a problem with UCL authentication when using the Find Full Text function in EndNote. This has been reported to ISD who are investigating the issue. Users can still search for freely available full text files from within EndNote. To see whether UCL has a subscription for other references, go to References>URL>OpenURL Link. Updates on this problem will be reported here. Updated: 10 Nov 17.
- Other skills and resources
- WISE: online training in information skills
WISE is a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to finding and using information effectively. Work through WISE for your subject area, or dip in where necessary to learn techniques to make you an expert user of electronic information resources at UCL.
WISE for Art & Humanities, Laws, Social & Historical Sciences and SSEES WISE for Built Environment, Engineering, Maths & Physical Sciences WISE for Laws WISE for Life and Medical Sciences
- Skills in Seconds - online videos
'Skills in Seconds' is a series of short films introducing print and online resources available from UCL Library Services.