Online learning and guides
Our guides and online support material provide introductory information to enable you to use UCL's libraries and selected online resources and allow self-directed learning on library skills and information literacy.
- Guides to using UCL Libraries
- Searching skills
- Reference management
- EndNote X8: PDF guide; Institute of Education Libguide
- Mendeley: PDF guide; Institute of Education LibGuide
- Zotero: Institute of Education LibGuide
- References, citations and avoiding plagiarism
- Other skills and resources
- British Standards Online
- Finding Patent Information
- Maps and Map Collections
- Nature Masterclasses: Scientific Writing and Publishing. 15 course modules take you through the entire scientific publishing process, from planning a paper to publication, to give researchers a first-hand insight into what it takes to get published in top journals. To access the course you must be on the UCL Internet or Eduroam, and will need to register on the site.
- WISE: online training in information skills
WISE is a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to finding and using information effectively. Work through WISE for your subject area, or dip in where necessary to learn techniques to make you an expert user of electronic information resources at UCL.
WISE for Art & Humanities, Laws, Social & Historical Sciences and SSEES WISE for Built Environment, Engineering, Maths & Physical Sciences WISE for Laws WISE for Life and Medical Sciences
- Skills in Seconds - online videos
'Skills in Seconds' is a series of short films introducing print and online resources available from UCL Library Services.