Boole - De Morgan Papers (MS ADD 97)
Augustus De Morgan (1806-1871) was Professor of Mathematics , UCL 1828-1831 and 1836-1866. The collection consists of correspondence with George Boole (1815-1864), 1842-1864; letters from John Stuart Mill, 1847-1868, and from various other correspondents, 1846-1848.
Handlist and index available
Further De Morgan papers accessioned separately:
- MS ADD 27 - Elements of statics, 1827. 1 volume.
- MS ADD 3 - Manuscript of his Introductory Lecture at UCL delivered on 5 November 1828. 1 volume.
- MS ADD 5 - Student's notes on lectures on Algebraic Geometry given by De Morgan at UCL, Session 1846/47. The notes were taken by John G Hepburn . 1 volume.
- MS ADD 6 - Mathematical tracts, 'copied from the original manuscripts in the Library of University College London by John Power Hicks, 1849-51'. 1 volume.
- MS ADD 2 - Notes for an Introductory Lecture in the Faculty of Arts and Laws, UCL at the opening of the Session 1862/63. 1 volume
- MS ADD 69 - Mathematical fragments, letters etc, c1863-1871. 1 volume
- MS ADD 7 - History of the De Morgan family. Genealogical notes, family trees etc. 1 volume.