approx 7000 vols.
The LMS was founded in 1865 under the presidency of Augustus de Morgan when Professor of Mathematics at the College. The Library, deposited since 1929, holds c.7,000 volumes including monographs, tracts, and over 250 sets of periodicals. The separate collection of c.300 vols of earlier material, mainly 1701 to 1850, and known as LMS Sources is housed with Special Collections. The archives of the Society are also held.
Last modified 20 March 2007