73 volumes and 6 boxes
The records of medical publishers and booksellers, H.K. Lewis & Company
Ltd, for the period 1892-1973. The collection consists of ledgers, minute books,
agenda books, letter books, registers, account books, other books, balance sheets
and accounts, share certificates, articles of association, correspondence, miscellaneous,
plans, pictures, photographs, and printed items.
The firm was founded by Henry King Lewis (1822-99) in 1844 and occupied 136 Gower Street and 28 Gower Place. In 1989 the business was purchased by Pentos publishing group.
Last modified 6 July 2007