UCL Library Services
- About us
- Electronic resources
- Libraries and study spaces
- Opening hours
- Bookable study spaces
- Available seats
- Postgraduate spaces
- Group work areas
- Quiet study spaces
- Learning spaces
- UCL Bartlett Library
- UCL Cruciform Hub
- UCL Ear Institute & Hearing Loss
- UCL Eastman Dental Library
- UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health Library
- UCL Institute of Archaeology Library
- UCL Institute of Education Library
- UCL Institute of Neurology, Queen Square Library
- UCL Institute of Orthopaedics Library
- The Joint Library of Ophthalmology
- UCL Language & Speech Science Library
- UCL Main Library
- UCL Qatar Library
- Royal Free Hospital Medical Library
- UCL School of Pharmacy Library
- UCL SSEES Library
- UCL Science Library
- UCL Senate House Hub
- UCL Special Collections
- Whittington Health Library
- Opening hours
- Open Access
- Research Data Management
- UCL Press
- Special Collections, Archives & Exhibitions
- Getting help
- Contact us
- A-Z of the library
Where can I study?
Main Library and Roof Garden Student Hub
Wilkins Terrace Project
Current works on the project include extension and refurbishment of the UCL Lower Refectory and construction of the new Portland stone Wilkins Upper Terrace.
Steel decking for the new terrace is being installed on site. As the steel decking needs to be cut and fixed it is anticipated that these steelworks will cause noise disruption in the Main Library. Areas of the Main Library expected to be most affected are the Donaldson and the Romance Languages reading rooms.
The contractor is taking measures to minimise the disruption caused by these works, installing sound barriers across the site to dampen down noise levels.
New UCL Student Centre
The Gordon Street site is currently being prepared for construction of the new UCL Student Centre.
Demolition of the existing Node staircase to the rear of the Bloomsbury Theatre will begin in the third week of March. These demolition works are expected to cause noise disruption to surrounding buildings, including the Main Library and Roof Garden Student Hub. The contractor will be using noise mitigation techniques during these works.
Noise cancelling headphones can be borrowed from the Main Library Short Loan Collection.
UCL Senate House Hub has opened to provide study space away from the construction works and can be used for quiet or social study.
Page last modified on 19 apr 16 14:22